What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
F11E71E2-01BF-4F2B-B94D-6100E9008923.jpeg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Couldn't wait until the 8th of April to get my new wheel so I got in contact with black hawk and arranged for express postage at my cost. So braved to snow and got round to the car to get it fitted this morning. Very happy with results.
From this
20210120_151924.jpg

To this
20210213_111658.jpg

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Got a new genuine windscreen fitted in GTi @ auto windshields. Super service. It was them told me years ago to request a genuine windscreen for any car as it’s covered!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Since the passat is in good shape bodywork and engine wise and has an MOT extension to October I decided to get the few suspension parts sorted on it to keep it in good order.

Front shocks and top mounts
Front anti-roll bar link
Discs and pads on on front and a new right hand caliper

Still leaves it considerably cheaper that most of the other cars I looked at even after sorting all those parts, buying the car and a towbar 🤣.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Rear wheel bearing changed out today on my 520d. Hopefully that’s the last spending I’ll be doing for a while 😂

Gemma

RMS Regular
Replaced one of big reds rear bulbs.
That car literally eats bulbs like pacman eats pacdots

I usually get away with a couple thumps before I have to go new bulbs 😂

God I love 90s bmws

Screenshot_20210219_143045_com.whatsapp.jpg

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Electric power steering failed on the Z4 last weekend, found a company in England that can remanufacture them with a lifetime warranty. Spent yesterday afternoon queezed under the dash stripping the unit out and most of the evening whining about how much my back hurt
IMG_1221.JPG
IMG_1222.JPG

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Set of Metros added courtesy of @Neil@rockvale (Not sure how RMS feel on metros this weather)

Any recommendations on bright bulbs? always went with leds&HIDs but always not up to standard.

cheers.
View attachment 313255

I went with Philips Philips X-tremeVision Pro150 halogens. They do a GT200 which are even brighter again, but suffer from the shorter lifespan a lot of the uprated halogen bulbs have at around 250h. The XV Pro150 are rated at 350h or 450h, dependent on fitment. Pleased with them so far and I'd rather just stick to road legal bulbs over HIDs/LEDs. Can't be arsed switching them over for the MOT and I also don't want to be one of those people blinding everyone on the road but claiming the beam cut off looks fine.