What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

PieMan1

RMS Regular
I went with Philips Philips X-tremeVision Pro150 halogens. They do a GT200 which are even brighter again, but suffer from the shorter lifespan a lot of the uprated halogen bulbs have at around 250h. The XV Pro150 are rated at 350h or 450h, dependent on fitment. Pleased with them so far and I'd rather just stick to road legal bulbs over HIDs/LEDs. Can't be arsed switching them over for the MOT and I also don't want to be one of those people blinding everyone on the road but claiming the beam cut off looks fine.
Was looking at the Philips.

Cheers will purchase them as HID/LEDs have always looked bright but they're actually projection distance ( if that's even a thing lol. ) is terrible. cheers mate.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Was looking at the Philips.

Cheers will purchase them as HID/LEDs have always looked bright but they're actually projection distance ( if that's even a thing lol. ) is terrible. cheers mate.

You can get great LEDs like these Philips ones but they're not cheap, and whilst they probably do in reality have a good cut-off for the dipped beam and shouldn't scatter, it's just the hassle of having to swap them for MOT time.

Another decent bulb is the Nightbreaker Lasers, and my girlfriend has them in her car. Again, good light for a halogen but with their shorter lifespan I didn't go for them with that new Philips XVP100 bulb that is out now. Seems to be a good balance between brightness and longevity.

Amazon product ASIN B08N56JH2L

PieMan1

RMS Regular
You can get great LEDs like these Philips ones but they're not cheap, and whilst they probably do in reality have a good cut-off for the dipped beam and shouldn't scatter, it's just the hassle of having to swap them for MOT time.

Another decent bulb is the Nightbreaker Lasers, and my girlfriend has them in her car. Again, good light for a halogen but with their shorter lifespan I didn't go for them with that new Philips XVP100 bulb that is out now. Seems to be a good balance between brightness and longevity.

Amazon product ASIN B08N56JH2L
£150 FOR LEDS :eek:

I joke, im sure they're great quality the ones I've bought have been eBay specials and haven't been great.

wonder if its time I put a build thread up for when I inevitably sell it in a month's time lol.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
£150 FOR LEDS :eek:

I joke, im sure they're great quality the ones I've bought have been eBay specials and haven't been great.

wonder if its time I put a build thread up for when I inevitably sell it in a month's time lol.
I think they're a good example of you get what you pay for. If you compare the LED arrangement on the Philips to your eBay specials, it's quite different.

1613991641281.png

1613991679557.png

The eBay ones are a bit of a blunt tool, with a huge LED to fire out light vs the more refined design of the Philips.

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
R35 Evo9 Ep3
Cleared the bonnet pop up warning light (pedestrian safety ram system sensors flagged since I had the front bumper removed and forgot to disconnect the battery before unplugging the sensor)
Filled her up with super and added some race fuel, got home and the wee woman helped me clean the wheels (well half a wheel). Was a nice evening for a quick blast.
FCB9CCC4-9FC0-4B35-A948-64D6DE454C9C.jpeg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
So, since I fitted the sub and components I'd been plagued with alternator whine and tries a couple of times to reroute cables or improve earthing points to solve the problem with no joy. So today I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and fit an Alpine 5 channel amp I bought of someone on here nearly 3 years ago and fit a set of 6x9s that I had lying about to fill in the mid of the system.

Pulled all the cables out and started again from scratch
IMG-20210223-WA0003.jpeg

Ran the cables and stuck them down then mounted the amp on a bracket that came with in the car that had the sat nav or TV module from Japan
20210223_171833.jpg
20210223_180327.jpg

Then fires a set of boxes together to hold the 6x9s and hey presto
20210223_171845.jpg

Sounds so much more complete. Cracking sound and quality of such a small amp!

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Yesterday technically.

Collected GTi from getting load of work in DubTech. Awesome service as always by @pobmk4

Walnut blast has really opened car up. Blew a pipe off intercooler leaving, there is that much boost. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Actually glad to have Bluetooth Media now as was using FM since getting car lol. Not bad for £40

85883C5E-2725-4BC1-BF66-01C899B7A683.jpeg

Last edited:

RevT

RMS Regular
Saving it from being broken/scrapped
Not seen many sline quattro’s so thought I’d have that
But once I pulled the seats an clutter I found millions of wires an more cut.
but sure what else would you be at

I don’t know how you have the patience any more, unless it was for something valuable/special, there is not a mission I’d be doing the sh*t you get up to. 😂

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I don’t know how you have the patience any more, unless it was for something valuable/special, there is not a mission I’d be doing the sh*t you get up to. 😂
I’ve no patience. If I’d have known the car was in the state it was in I Wouldn have went
Only I drove an hour and 45 mins I thought at the money I may aswell
Let’s just say the seller wasn’t very honest 🤔 but I’ll put it right. It’ll only be a runabout as there isn’t much space to park my van at my new work