IMG-20220205-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220205-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220205-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20220205-WA0004.jpg

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Took it for MOT in ballymena…and failed 🙄 kinda had the feeling from the moment the grumpy git spoke.
Rear brake line I hadn’t got to yet (which was relatively fine when a new hose went on, other bad ones I’ve already done) and a handbrake that was supposedly adjusted on Thursday (not by me) 🤦‍♂️
Managed to get a retest for Thursday a little closer to home!
Not looking forward to doing the brake line outside in that weather but the ticking clock will force the motivation 🥲
The joys of motoring!

design1

RMS Regular

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Took delivery! (well the wife did, I'm still away at work here)

Thanks again @Ben P for an easy transaction and thanks to @Robert for rapid delivery!

Sorry to all on here who also messaged Ben about it, was a stressful few minutes for me trying to get enough signal out here to message him and send deposit etc before one of you lot did! 😂

IMG-20220205-WA0047.jpg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Took delivery! (well the wife did, I'm still away at work here)

Thanks again @Ben P for an easy transaction and thanks to @Robert for rapid delivery!

Sorry to all on here who also messaged Ben about it, was a stressful few minutes for me trying to get enough signal out here to message him and send deposit etc before one of you lot did! 😂

View attachment 348860

Looks like the wife might've banged the door of the lift post 😜

"That'll teach the cnut to spend our money on rubbish"

Andy55

RMS Regular
Change the oil and filter, checked, cleaned and regapped the spark plugs, new front droplink and rolled the left rear arch lip to hopefully stop it catching the rear tyre. And fitting new dip beam xenon and full beam leds. Dip beams require bumper and headlights removal.

View attachment 337771View attachment 337772

How do you rate the Philips led bulbs? I’m considering swapping a set of halogens with led But unsure whether to go for eBay specials or something branded.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
How do you rate the Philips led bulbs? I’m considering swapping a set of halogens with led But unsure whether to go for eBay specials or something branded.
Brilliant, the nighteye ones weren’t great as the bulb sat at an odd angle in the Mazda. Philips ones can be adjusted to sit as close to the angle they tel you.

Expensive tho so I hope they last.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Fitted RS6 paddles this morning. I’ve been after a set for ages, finally got them yesterday. I think the paddles have only been used once by me, but they’re a nice improvement over the standard ones!

Ideally I’d like a heated RS6/7 wheel, but they are pretty rare.

Before;

B5C6A28D-BBB8-47AD-A31B-05687E670734.jpeg

DC0A9571-3BC7-461A-9F14-355A40AC6C4B.jpeg

After;

8130DAEC-FE47-4137-AD9D-8FD07AEE3685.jpeg

6AE3D2BC-DA59-47D4-8AAF-475F148CFD0F.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Froze my nuts off splicing in new rear section of brake pipe for retest. Wanted to cry when I woke up and seen snow on the ground.
Rounded, rusted solid join to brake hose which was good fun, then the most awkward position to try and flare a steel line 😅 ramp would make life so easy.
Plus side, pass and full years ticket! Also, braking force on rear axle was identical to last week after I’d pulled half apart!

Handbrake fail which I didn’t touch at all, magically went from 13 to 36 🤨 my suspicions of the last tester may have been correct lol

Attachments

• 8202E935-818E-493C-8267-0BDF1921CB9B.png
    8202E935-818E-493C-8267-0BDF1921CB9B.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • 449E6550-C8AC-4C65-AA06-0DB159BDBBD0.jpeg
    449E6550-C8AC-4C65-AA06-0DB159BDBBD0.jpeg
    409.4 KB · Views: 51

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Froze my nuts off splicing in new rear section of brake pipe for retest. Wanted to cry when I woke up and seen snow on the ground.
Rounded, rusted solid join to brake hose which was good fun, then the most awkward position to try and flare a steel line 😅 ramp would make life so easy.
Plus side, pass and full years ticket! Also, braking force on rear axle was identical to last week after I’d pulled half apart!

Handbrake fail which I didn’t touch at all, magically went from 13 to 36 🤨 my suspicions of the last tester may have been correct lol

Your flaring tool is too big 😜

s-l400.jpg

I used one like this a while back on the E36 and was a piece of cake!!

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
@quattro Rick
Looks a handy job. When I got mine I’d read too much about how bad steel lines were so went for a solid middle ground on price lol.
Wasn’t actually too bad a job, the awkwardness was only back left jacked up (plus another jack under the diff and a wheel wedged under the sill before I get shouted at) so even for a fairly small person I was asking a bit 😂

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@quattro Rick
Looks a handy job. When I got mine I’d read too much about how bad steel lines were so went for a solid middle ground on price lol.
Wasn’t actually too bad a job, the awkwardness was only back left jacked up (plus another jack under the diff and a wheel wedged under the sill before I get shouted at) so even for a fairly small person I was asking a bit 😂

Yeah it was brilliant allowed me to get the line flared even right up against the chassis, will probably invest in one in the future if I ever need to do lines again.

Went into it feeling like I'd screw something up but it was actually quite handy done

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Went into it feeling like I'd screw something up but it was actually quite handy done
This 👆🏼 All day long 😂
A fully qualified mechanic made such a hash of just bending a premade line into place i though it can’t be that hard. Patience and a bit of attention and it’s not a bad job at all. Done the front right before, and will do the front left shortly to finish them all off.
Much nicer when it’s not on the car dripping fluid over you!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
This 👆🏼 All day long 😂
A fully qualified mechanic made such a hash of just bending a premade line into place i though it can’t be that hard. Patience and a bit of attention and it’s not a bad job at all. Done the front right before, and will do the front left shortly to finish them all off.
Much nicer when it’s not on the car dripping fluid over you!

🙈 Exactly the same thing made me do my own.

Screenshot_20220210-190019_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220210-190023_WhatsApp.jpg

How a trained mechanic thought it was ok to leave copper lines 🤣

20210928_220556.jpg
20210928_220602.jpg

Vs how I did them. Not perfect but saved having to pull the tank off