Drives
V50/M135i
Filter looks fairly similar too...

View attachment 429565

Still not convinced:joy:
20240331_112016.jpg

KevM

RMS Regular
Took it out of the garage and up the road for a quick half-mile shake down, at the instruction of my 7 yr old!

I forgot how much of a total dog an M3 is, until it warms properly 8o|:laughing:

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
Got some cheap rear badges off a breaker on eBay, don’t like a debadged look for a boring estate. What would be best be stick these on, just thin sticky pads you get for number plates?
Just need a steady hand and level eye now.

IMG_3112.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Topped up brake fluid which is a first for me ever - think the car had a "moment" as the level looked fine in the tank 🤷‍♂️

Roll on next Friday to get these new brakes on and get rid of this headache!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Why do the motofactors list several options for cars? For example, I'm ordering front discs for my CLK, and there are three sizes available: 300x28mm, 300x25mm and 288x25mm. The ones on the car are 300x28mm, but are there really that range of discs fitted by the manufacturer? I'm entered the cars details into the search function including year and engine size. There are two types of pads available too.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Why do the motofactors list several options for cars? For example, I'm ordering front discs for my CLK, and there are three sizes available: 300x28mm, 300x25mm and 288x25mm. The ones on the car are 300x28mm, but are there really that range of discs fitted by the manufacturer? I'm entered the cars details into the search function including year and engine size. There are two types of pads available too.

My Volvo is the same, the front discs have 3 different sizes and bottom arms have 2 different sizes of balljoint. It's a complete ballache but I assume their parts cataloguing is more generic and doesn't account for odd spec differences and parts bin special cars.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
My Volvo is the same, the front discs have 3 different sizes and bottom arms have 2 different sizes of balljoint. It's a complete ballache but I assume their parts cataloguing is more generic and doesn't account for odd spec differences and parts bin special cars.
End up having to take the car apart first to measure and compare parts then get them ordered. Not a big deal on a second car that can sit up for a few days, but annoying if you want to have the stuff sitting ready.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
End up having to take the car apart first to measure and compare parts then get them ordered. Not a big deal on a second car that can sit up for a few days, but annoying if you want to have the stuff sitting ready.

Been there, done that!.....and I always forget to write down somewhere the correct sizes!

RevT

RMS Regular

That’s the way some cars are from the manufactures just Adam. I found Renaults were the worst, they seemed to just fit what they had lying around. 😂

My advice is open an account with RT’s or whoever, take all three sets with you and just return the stuff not needed if you can’t afford to have the car off the road for a couple of days.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Well...yesterday - finally got the clutch and DMF changed on her Volvo.
Serious amount of stripping!
Screenshot_20240404_123445_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240404_123614_Photos.jpg
20240401_163137.jpg
20240401_165817.jpg

Almost too beautiful to hide away in there 🤣. Pleased to report it's like anew car, DMF was really FUBAR.

Clutch failed (could not disengage) due to 2 or 3 of the pressure plate fingers "bent" or potentially snapped. I wasn't convinced I'd found the problem until I bolted everything back up! Nerve wracking indeed
20240309_183959~2.jpg

saxo_man

RMS Regular
That’s the way some cars are from the manufactures just Adam. I found Renaults were the worst, they seemed to just fit what they had lying around. 😂

My advice is open an account with RT’s or whoever, take all three sets with you and just return the stuff not needed if you can’t afford to have the car off the road for a couple of days.
I usually use RTs, just looking a few other things that they dont have so ordering online this time. Good idea though getting a few options and then returning them.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Definitely! That's not early though, sunrise blast is where it's at! Very little traffic and nice to see the sunrise on the odd day it doesn't rain here!

Give me a shout anytime you fancy a spin 👍🏻

Like wise I am up for this also.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I usually use RTs, just looking a few other things that they dont have so ordering online this time. Good idea though getting a few options and then returning them.

In my opinion most motor factors would hate you for taking all what is available as that would create a lot of work and unnecessary credits.

Most if not all Motor Factors have books/look up systems that will allow them to narrow the search giving the reg. We have access to Parts Link 24 and it will narrow down the search via chassis number then you just work of the O.E Number to return the right parts. It is very common for most manufactures to list multiple options for all Vehicles as already mentioned the French are mad for it.

In other news - Car Related

I recently fitted the following to the RS3

White Line Adjustable ARB Kit front and rear with drop links.
1712238662793.png

Super Pro upgraded Front Wishbones.

1712238690431.png

Disc have already been upgraded to floating both front and rear so my next purchase is upgraded Pads. I have Brembo HP2 Pads in both the RS4 and S6 and they perform super compared to the EBC Yellow I was running how ever I have launched Pagid Street Plus for both Track and Fast Road use in work but the 1st and 2nd phase does not include the front pads to suit both the RS3 and RS4 these are coming later in the year so I might hold off on them or I might run the HP2`s and see what they are like in the RS3. There really is not much more todo to the car I won't be looking for anymore Power as the 600bhp it currently is is more than enough. I might just add some carbon to the inside to complement the steering wheel.
IMG_5785.jpeg

Last edited:

RevT

RMS Regular
In my opinion most motor factors would hate you for taking all what is available as that would create a lot of work and unnecessary credits.

Most if not all Motor Factors have books/look up systems that will allow them to narrow the search giving the reg. We have access to Parts Link 24 and it will narrow down the search via chassis number then you just work of the O.E Number to return the right parts. It is very common for most manufactures to list multiple options for all Vehicles as already mentioned the French are mad for it.

It’s more when the part numbers cannot be verified or the parts haven’t been removed yet to get measurements etc. We actively offered the option of taking all the options and returning the unused bits to save any downtime and wrong parts being delivered.

It wasn’t always as simple as following the books/systems unfortunately as I’m sure you know yourself, factories threw whatever they could into some cars, people have modified them etc. etc.