I done a thing 🤭
20240629_110018.jpg

20240629_105810 (1).jpg

20240629_110008.jpg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Freelander still not happy after having changed an injector a few weeks ago so did a few other checks to eliminate some of the other possibilities. Compression check was all good and gave me the opportunity to clean out the inlet manifold, both of which weren't terribly gummed up anyway. Cleaned out the DPF but again, nothing that showed a problem. Still no codes that indicate anything wrong with the fuel system so back to another leak check for a longer time frame and varying the revs / fuel demand.
20240702_160559.jpg

FFS. :mad:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Had a fuel leak so been a bit of a nightmare getting this all fitted back together but got there in the end

View attachment 438947
View attachment 438948

Wee treat after to celebrate success

View attachment 438949

Checked last night that the top of the fuel pump was dry which is was but I am still getting a whiff of fuel so will monitor
Fault scanned the rest of the car and cleared all
Did a basic setting reset/prime on the haldex pump as the car is still bringing on traction control when accelerating however, I am not feeling it if you know what I mean. Will monitor this too

Need to get the DSG serviced and that's the car back to square 1

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I had similar traction issues on the golf previously and ended up with a new diff😢

Yeah it has crossed my mind as well but could hear the haldex pump whirring when I did the basic reset - other than that, I can't hear or feel anything different.

Did you have any other symptoms?

Did have this code though, was green and not red on OBD11 and its cleared

C111307
All Wheel Drive
Mechanical Malfunction

Haldex was serviced recently hence why i did the relearn function just to rule that out - car drives fine otherwise

Just currently having a bad time with it

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I had the traction error off and on for about a year, mostly when the roads were wet and had the haldex and diff oil changed about 4,000 miles before it went bang. No symptoms other than that. It literally just seized on me one day without warning. Slight squeal and the rear locked up. I was very lucky that I was just leaving a 30 when it happened.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I had the traction error off and on for about a year, mostly when the roads were wet and had the haldex and diff oil changed about 4,000 miles before it went bang. No symptoms other than that. It literally just seized on me one day without warning. Slight squeal and the rear locked up. I was very lucky that I was just leaving a 30 when it happened.

I have nothing like that (yet) and the traction light coming on isn't a fault, just the normal light flashing when you lose traction however, I don't feel like I am. Strange behaviour for sure.

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Sorry, when I say error, I was getting wheel spin when pushing hard out of a junction and the normal flash on the dash with the power being cut.