schoolboy

RMS Regular
IMG_8814.jpeg
Took it out

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Run down to Dublin over the weekend for 2 Johnnies concert and decided to take the 6R purely for port tunnel 😂. But with a full load (4 adults + bags) did leave her a tad low but rubbing was few and far between (parked on uneven ground so maybe a couple of mil lower on this corner but gives a good indication)
EF20DA9C-6DCC-477E-B77A-D2DD3CCC12D3.jpeg

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
Run down to Dublin over the weekend for 2 Johnnies concert and decided to take the 6R purely for port tunnel 😂. But with a full load (4 adults + bags) did leave her a tad low but rubbing was few and far between (parked on uneven ground so maybe a couple of mil lower on this corner but gives a good indication)
View attachment 437131

What was pints in a field like, I’d say it was great craic

Big loss for 2fm

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
Pulled the sump and rocker off the Dacia. There’s really tiny swarf in the oil filter and oil pickup. The cam lobes look a little worn with maybe some scoring and swarf on the cams.
IMG_1999.jpeg

IMG_2001.jpeg
IMG_2002.jpeg
IMG_2003.jpeg
IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2004.jpeg

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
What was pints in a field like, I’d say it was great craic

Big loss for 2fm
Yeah it was good, especially since I don't actually listen to their podcasts (bar the GAA catfish one) but just went for the craic. We were late in getting there though so only got Mark McCabe doing Maniac 2000 and 2 Johnnies but given the other support acts were the likes of FIVE, Craig David and Tinchy Stryder, I didn't really miss much there

thefool1983

RMS Regular

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
That don't look too bad at all ...
I would be suspecting the bottom end tbh
I can’t see anything wrong in the bottom end either but I don’t really want to start pulling bearing caps off the conrods to check the bearings. I can’t see any scoring on the bores but it’s hard to see into them from below.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Import Car Parts but up a post about genuine STI Group N short shift now available....at an eye watering £620 price tag but kindly included the part number

Then someone mentioned on here recently about Japanese Yen being quite low at the mo..... so hi ho its of to JapanParts we go

so for £270 inc shipping & then say another 22.5% on vat + import duty meant i had to buy it...so now its en route

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly
Don’t know why I put it off for so long …but got my S3 Air-con recharged today
Makes such a difference having proper cold air!
Mine needs doing. Been getting varying advice about the type of gas which is dependent on the year of the car which means costs are all over the place.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Yea, I used AutoRadz in Lisburn,
They mentioned that after 2015 it’s a different type of gas? And it’s more expensive
Mine needs doing. Been getting varying advice about the type of gas which is dependent on the year of the car which means costs are all over the place.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Tried to get mine done but wasn't getting any pressure in the system, so need to get that looked at soon. Hopefully it's just a loose pipe or a hole somewhere
Most likely a whole in the condenser, you can get dye added to expose where it is.

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
I had a guy out last week to check my aircon for a leak. Told me I needed a compressor and sent me an invoice for almost £600, this included £80 install and £60 gas.

Priced a new compressor on ebay for £130 and a guy down the road gasses them for £40.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
I had a guy out last week to check my aircon for a leak. Told me I needed a compressor and sent me an invoice for almost £600, this included £80 install and £60 gas.

Priced a new compressor on ebay for £130 and a guy down the road gasses them for £40.
Where do you get the gas done? I think mine needs it and her car definitely needs gas and possibly checked for leaks

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Turkington Pitstop gassed the Q5 recently and my S3

There is a guy on here who does it but can’t mind username

c_rad

RMS Regular
Drives
Range Rover
Swapped the 22" wheels for some 19s and chunky tyres for some greenlaning next Saturday. Ordered spacers but they've not shipped yet annoyingly so probably won't arrive in time.
20240614_124112.jpg

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Yeah it was good, especially since I don't actually listen to their podcasts (bar the GAA catfish one) but just went for the craic. We were late in getting there though so only got Mark McCabe doing Maniac 2000 and 2 Johnnies but given the other support acts were the likes of FIVE, Craig David and Tinchy Stryder, I didn't really miss much there
Saw Craig Davids DJ set, it was pretty good. Having Heineken in the beer tents was an extra bonus.