What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol. Can’t see me getting one at all to be honest with no notice. Hopefully get a van in work just.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Gave it a good polish and clean yesterday. The white really is so striking when kept spotless
B7CA304A-9F78-4ADA-AB7C-03D63820C03C.jpeg

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Clutch out on the van,hopefully that’s the trouble,looks like a wrong clutch was fitted previously?
Was actually rubbing against the bolts on the flywheel,also has destroyed the flywheel and left gouging in it 😬
CSC was in bits too,actually surprised it was taking gears and wasn’t a noise from it 😮
@stevieturbo ?

CDEA918C-341B-489E-A2F9-A9B777A57001.jpeg

6082EC57-A75B-4BB3-BED4-4284E8BBC270.jpeg

ED6C536C-3C77-451D-A41E-DEDF61ABDC65.jpeg

E041E0B5-7733-47FA-AE83-66C25A2A3603.jpeg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Last washed her over a week ago and the was a lot of driving done in that week, Donegal last weekend and a fair bit during the week and the weekend past. Ended up leaving it too late tonight though 😒

Reminds me I need spot lamps for when winter comes along, can't stand being able to see half the car but not the other half.

Anyway, usual suspects used, a la anachem, wheels were in dire need of a wash, was almost tempted to do them and leave the rest 😂

20190826_204928.jpg

Then foamed in the dark, spent a lot of time making sure I got all the dirt so passed a couple of panels multiple times after rinsing...

20190826_213344.jpg

Maybe I should install a car port with spots which would be ideal for washing and polishing/waxing... Ah well.
20190826_215545.jpg
20190826_223237.jpg

Next on the agenda is to rectify the fogging in the drivers headlight, will be getting more sealant wrapped around it and a bit of trickery to keep moisture out next week.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Last washed her over a week ago and the was a lot of driving done in that week, Donegal last weekend and a fair bit during the week and the weekend past. Ended up leaving it too late tonight though 😒

Reminds me I need spot lamps for when winter comes along, can't stand being able to see half the car but not the other half.

Anyway, usual suspects used, a la anachem, wheels were in dire need of a wash, was almost tempted to do them and leave the rest 😂

View attachment 248464

Then foamed in the dark, spent a lot of time making sure I got all the dirt so passed a couple of panels multiple times after rinsing...

View attachment 248465

Maybe I should install a car port with spots which would be ideal for washing and polishing/waxing... Ah well. View attachment 248466View attachment 248467

Next on the agenda is to rectify the fogging in the drivers headlight, will be getting more sealant wrapped around it and a bit of trickery to keep moisture out next week.
It doesn’t need sealed, it needs aired. Take the back off for a day or two.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
It doesn’t need sealed, it needs aired. Take the back off for a day or two.

I'm not sure tbh, it dissipates completely after about a week, but as soon as water touches it again it happens, the back is held together with a makeshift bracket as the retainer is broken, but removing the back on my e36 did the trick when those lights fogged up.

Might give it a go if I can get access to it but it's a total b1tch, the only thing is if I air it and then re seal it and it keeps happening I really cba removing the back plates regularly

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Clutch out on the van,hopefully that’s the trouble,looks like a wrong clutch was fitted previously?
Was actually rubbing against the bolts on the flywheel,also has destroyed the flywheel and left gouging in it 😬
CSC was in bits too,actually surprised it was taking gears and wasn’t a noise from it 😮
@stevieturbo ?

View attachment 248394
View attachment 248395
View attachment 248396
View attachment 248397

Looks to me like the friction plate may have been fitted the wrong way round 8o|

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
The E36 had been slightly neglected of late, so gave it a good wash, and then contemplated purple as a possible wheel colour 🙈 think I'll maybe leave the sunflowers as is and get a set of something light for track duties.

Will be installing an ASC(traction control) delete some stage this week too
20190827_132508.jpg
20190827_141546.jpg
20190827_141549.jpg
20190827_141556.jpg

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
You should wash your wheels before you use Purge, it's much more effective then.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Actually wash them. Well, even some pre-wash/TFR and a blast with the powerhose will help significantly. It removes much more dirt than isn't actually stuck to your wheel, and allows the Purge to work better against actual brake dust and fallout.. You will get less "bleeding" but you'll need much less Purge and your wheel will be cleaner!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Actually wash them. Well, even some pre-wash/TFR and a blast with the powerhose will help significantly. It removes much more dirt than isn't actually stuck to your wheel, and allows the Purge to work better against actual brake dust and fallout.. You will get less "bleeding" but you'll need much less Purge and your wheel will be cleaner!

I think they bled so much because I was trying out a new sprayer and it didn't spray how I was expecting so ended up using loads and the fact that the discs and pads are very very dusty, front wheel was definitely covered with brake dust.

Will try giving it a good rinse pre purge in future, just assumed it was a wheel cleaner and to be used to clean the wheels from the first step 😂

simy

RMS Regular
The E36 had been slightly neglected of late, so gave it a good wash, and then contemplated purple as a possible wheel colour 🙈 think I'll maybe leave the sunflowers as is and get a set of something light for track duties.

Will be installing an ASC(traction control) delete some stage this week too
What kind is it?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Cool, had a lowly 318is as my first proper car, bloody loved it.

I imagine that was still enjoyable, there's a company in nurburg with a 318 and 323 prepped cars for ring rentals, has me contemplating prepping this and doing plenty of track adventures!