What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Out for a glorious spin

Oil and filter replaced when I got back (that's it good for 6k:cool:)

Then tooks it's face off, noticed in Glenarm that my Garmin wire was binding slightly against the top yoke on right lock. Now rerouted through the centre of the dash and no longer binding

DSC_0061.JPG

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Went full BMW Adventurer empty pannier for no reason Wayne Kerr :laughing:

DSC_0063.JPG

Lee

RMS Regular
View attachment 219976
Fantastic day for it only put the heated grips on to 30% and had to turn them off again lol, it's a Honda NC750x, not the fastest in the world but I absolutely love her!

Nice bike and I'm sure still plenty of poke! I had the heated grips up full today for 140 mile around Donegal lol I have thin gloves and no handguards though.

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
Well I took advantage of the 15% sale on ebay and got myself a new chain and sprocket kit.

I decided to go from the standard 525 down to a 520.

I've left the chain grease on while she's parked up for the winter.

IMG_20181231_161459.jpg

I also got some new domino grips will get the picks up once fitted.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Saw the gritters out so a clean and chain lube done and on the charger ready for the next good day

Attachments

• B54FD82C-ED22-4A6D-B3FB-D89728701FCF.jpeg
    B54FD82C-ED22-4A6D-B3FB-D89728701FCF.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 53

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Ordered a rack, top box, heated grips, and some ACF50. Hopefully, it will all be here by Saturday and I can fit those and the new brake lines.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
No messing around there (y) are the calipers + pistons in good shape?

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Pistons and seals are fine, there is a slight bit of play in the pins. More to add to the list :laughing:

Also need someone to clean / balance carbs. I think an idle jet is blocked as it can be a bit stuttery up to 3k on partial throttle.

Been out a few days over the past week. Just slowly trying to build confidence up. I suck at corners :joy:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Also need someone to clean / balance carbs. I think an idle jet is blocked as it can be a bit stuttery up to 3k on partial throttle.

How confident are you removing and replacing the carbs? You can actually balance them quite accurately on the bench, then if you have access to a carb balance tool, you can fine tune them to be perfect whilst on the bike, but I've only ever bench set carbs before then adjusted the idle screw to the correct rpm.

As for the pilot jet, you're better just replacing it/them if it's blocked. If you have a look at my Hornet build thread, you can see that I'd a badly blocked pilot jet, but I just cleaned and filed the hole open again. It's still a bit lumpy and could do with being replaced, but I can't be аrsed taking the carbs out again, plus I'm rarely below 4,000rpm for it to matter.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
As long as the pads can move freely it's grand.

Carbs: new pilot jet would be the easiest fix but could be any part from gunked up needle to float bowl, then if going to the trouble of vacuum hoses etc to balance, might as well do it on clean rebuilt carbs. + A bike of that age it may well be worth replacing cracked pipework too (if any)

@Gareth posted over me ;)

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Oh the pistons are moving no problem.

Will take a look and see what's involved. I'm reasonably competent, maybe lacking a bit of confidence and motivation lol.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Not directly bike but related.

Put a curtain rail up in the shed
DSC_0075.JPG

OD is smaller than the OD of the SHAD mounting but they're secure and lockable still
DSC_0077.JPG