What did you do to your motorcycle today?

genman

G
fitted the battery and went for a wee run for fresh fuel...salty roads but nice to get out there

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Tinkering with tailbag mounting points, SV doesn't have anything useful above indicator level except what I'm guessing is something of a luggage hook under the grabrail. Might be able to wiggle the hooks under the grabrail and around in some fashion. I'm not too precious about the paint as it's rough enough anyway, a Renntec style rack might be the job anyways.

It's secure though, won't be moving very far :grinning: still have the base of my smaller bag on the pillion seat so don't need the bigger bag every day

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

Last edited:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
There's usually criss-cross straps on the bottom of a tailpack for going under the rear seat. But the straps to the rear footpegs are a good help too. Patch of duct tape or helicopter tape will stop the paint getting scuffed.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
There's usually criss-cross straps on the bottom of a tailpack for going under the rear seat. But the straps to the rear footpegs are a good help too. Patch of duct tape or helicopter tape will stop the paint getting scuffed.
The hooked bungees criss-cross in the base of this one, nothing goes under the seat which is nice as I have zippy base plate for the much smaller 5L version of this bag already

Going to get handy with the tape, this route felt like a much better option. In the meantime I've stuck a post up on the UK SV forum looking for a Renntec rack.

DSC_0044.JPG

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Enjoyable commute, tunes in ears and the rumble of a vtwin wakes you up in the morning.

Tailbag is superb with just the 4 hooks holding it, never moved or felt it's weight. Checked it was still there the odd time :p

warren

RMS Photographer
If your going to keep the bag on definitely think about getting some sort of protection film on the back of the bike. As soft as it all is it does rub away at paint over time, I learnt the hard way lol

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
It'll be on/off a couple times a week, using the smaller one in between

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Parked mine on tuesday due to forecast minus temps.

Hate the car already 8-(

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Started it up after winter hibernation, only for it to piss its petrol all over the garage floor.

So all stripped apart and the carbs brought inside, stripped down and cleaned out.

Next time I should really just go fuel injection

Attachments

• 20180221_192807.jpg
    20180221_192807.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 130

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Reassembled the carbs, was a bit suspicious of the float bowl seals but gave it a go and ordered a set for when it's next apart

Attachments

• 20180222_182737.jpg
    20180222_182737.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 59

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Still leaking

No bike for me until the seals get here!

Attachments

• 20180222_191741.jpg
    20180222_191741.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 84