What Tyre Slick?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
what does everyone recommend?

i like the look of the Meguires high endurance purple stuff

but it lasts no time at all

anything give the same results and actually last afew days?

Trade stuff even

prefer to buy it over here that wait for it in the post

dubsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Autoglym Rubber Cleaner for me, break a sponge up and rub it on with that, no splatter at all (y)

Concept stuff is suppost to be good as well but dont think it lasts as long

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I have no probs with my Megs Endurance, just make sure to give it a good rub in and take any excess off. Mine lasts well too.

ricky_t

RMS Regular
Drives
M3Cx
It lasts well and looks well, but splatters everywere no matter how long ive let it dry!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
silicon spray, the cheap stuff from karmania in ards, absolutely outstanding ;)

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
case of 12 tins from karmania was £24, go halfers with mate of get a few to chip in and your sorted for a few months.

it's ALL i used on KA tyres & bumpers, and also megane & 200sx tyres and front splitters etc, need some more for the cordoba once the graphite rims go on to keep her looking pimp lol

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I use either Meguiars (messy at times) or if I'm stuck, the Armorall Tyre Foam which is spray on stuff but leaves a great shine.

Gaz

Paul W

RMS Regular
Megs Endurance all the way(y) Lasts ages for me but if you dont wipe the excess it does splatter.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
good luck colour coding anything after silicone spray graham. painters will love you. lol. i find the megs high endurance is great. lasts ages and if you buff the excess off it doesnt flick all over the car

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
lol the megane had a 1/4 panel painted etc after 3 years of twice weekly silicone application and you wouldn't have been able to tell it was painted, and it wasn't an easy colour to match to start with :grinning:

ps conor, i got them rims i was talking to you about painted up :laughing: lacquer time asap just

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
im yet to find a decent one that doesnt splatter

Afraid I have to agreed, they all end up half way up the car :mad:

Best I've found is the Autoglym trade stuff, I put in on BEFORE I was the car, then it soaks into the dry tyres and the excess is washed off during washing. Granted, it doesn't give the same "wet" look as my Megs Endurance, but it lasts longer and doesn't end up all over the bodywork!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Alan Segasby had to paint the whole side of my Saxo twice after his first attempt reacted with the silicone I used to blacken the side moundings. He wasnt a happy chappie!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
megs for me but when its done.... (the bottle has lasted for years) I will be trying poor boys bold n brite or something like that

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Bold and Bright is utter pish for exterior bits. Washes straight off.

Ruth

RMS Regular
Bold and bright leaves a nice natural finish but doesn't last at all.

My favourite would be chemical guys new look trim gel closely followed by blackfire long lasting tyre gel (but neither can be got locally). For a cheapie it has to be turtle wax wet and black applied with a brush, lasts a right while!!

Megs stuff is a nightmare i find :worried:

Jason

RMS Regular
im using turtlewax applied with sponge, lasts a day max, and splatters, but i try to put it on a good few hours before i have to drive.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
OP
Chris Mac
Drives
MK7.5 R
i have coach finish stuff here that is outstanding, but last about 5 minutes before im wiping it off the side windows

more megs endurance then :worried:

GSi Chick

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk4 GSi Astra
concept stuff is ok, doesnt last all that long but its a fair bit cheaper than the auto glym rubber cleaner!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.