What Tyre Slick?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dubsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
auto glym works out cheaper in the long run then as you dont have to apply it as often (y) - its best value imo

i bought blackfire tyre gel a while ago which was expensive, only lasted about 2months and was all over the side of the car by the time i got to the end of the driveway (n)

5gtt

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora TDi 150
megs stuff usually ends up all over side of the car, the concept stuff i fiond is best, think its called contour, doesn give as good of shine as megs but sticks to the tyre!

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Megs high endurance gloss stuff i think is class, lasts ages and if you wipe it down afterwards then it doesnt flake over the car. Plus i love the smell lol it lasts for ages aswell

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Alan Segasby had to paint the whole side of my Saxo twice after his first attempt reacted with the silicone I used to blacken the side moundings. He wasnt a happy chappie!
thats what i was on about graham :p it can be done but its a bastid. lol. what wheels were they graham? i cant mind. i'll catch you on msn

RD-E36

Drives
E-XXXVI
theres another meguires product that works well. i use it myself.. think its hot shot tyre spray. comes in a clear spray bottle. i spray it onto either a sponge or paintbrush and then go over the tyres. it lasts up to a week depending on the weather. also works on plastic trim.

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Auto glym trade stuff (rubber cleaner I think its called)
Or megs endurance.
Both need to be carefully applied and always wipe it off after you put it on.

rosssei

RMS Regular
Megs Hyper Dressing - diluted down 2:1 with water! MiniMad off the site has it in stock! paint it on and leave for about an hour and it doesnt splatter and stays on for around a week!

jimcupra

RMS Regular
elite rubberite paint it on dab excess off with a sponge (y) (y) it does build up after a while. put some rubberite on a cloth and wipe around tire to remove last about a week as well

casper-ac

RMS Regular
autogoym rubber cleaner number 5.
would use nothing else now,i tried loams of sprays foams paints etc and none come close to #5 IMO
lasts a long time and doesnt wash off since its a more solvent based product as opposed to water based. will last a few weeks from previous experience.

Dee

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
does bangor autoparts stock most of the meguiars gallon jobbies ross??

Bronk

RMS Regular
Auto glym trade stuff (rubber cleaner I think its called)
Or megs endurance.
Both need to be carefully applied and always wipe it off after you put it on.

Autoglym rubber cleaner...apply with a paint brush and ensure you leave it a while before you drive..so stop it spraying every were

Nath3n

RMS Regular
i just use turtle wax tyre gel, rip up a sponge, wipe it all round the tyre wall and mine are sorted for a good few days, and doesnt splatter ever!

PJS

RMS Regular
Personally, the best one is 303 Aerospace Protectant - so useful for all things on/in the car. Leather, vinyl, rubber seals, wiper blades, tyres - loaded with UV inhibitors, so black stays black for longer with regular application.
No sling, but then no bling either - just a nice original satin sheen.

Give me a shout if you want to try some, but I doubt you'd be disappointed if you just got some off spec.
Give Mike a call at The Polishing Company and let him know I sent you.

Claire

RMS Regular
Drives
Cherry Parrr!
Autoglym rubber cleaner...apply with a paint brush and ensure you leave it a while before you drive..so stop it spraying every were

Yep same here, i normally squirt it on after dryin the car, then by the time im finished polishin, waxin, bla bla, its completely dry. No mess at all. Its the same as theyr tyre dressin, i just ran out of it so i used the rubber cleaner instead. But they both do the same job.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
pm big pimp he sent me a sample and it was fantastic lasted ages and no flick at all

I use as trim wizzard its great too and doesnt flick but u have to apply it correctly

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
I use Megs hot tyre shine and a yellow Megs applicator pad to rub it on to the tyre. Works well enough and last for about 2 weeks or so. I just wipe off any excess with an mf.

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
nobody laugh, but stuck 2 weeks ago, i threw some old STP "son of a gun" on the wife's car, and it was excellent.... not so much of a shine, but cleaned and darkened the sidewall and only now does it really need re-applied.

G- i remember that silicone stuff well...am i right in thinking you could get it scented for a while? i seem to remember my ka stinking of cherries for weeks!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.