Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Weren't the test slots extended for Covid and probably still are? That alone would have a big effect. Whatever the issues are, it needs to be sorted.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I managed to grab my 10.45am slot today last night at 7pm. I don't know how this popped up when you can't change an appointment without 1 full clear days notice?!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Unless there has been some very recent policy change, you can't actually. With less than X days notice (at least two, but depending on holidays/weekends/etc. it could be more) you can do nothing. Not even hand back the slot for free so someone else could use it. Yet another archaic feature of a broken system...

RevT

RMS Regular
Unless there has been some very recent policy change, you can't actually. With less than X days notice (at least two, but depending on holidays/weekends/etc. it could be more) you can do nothing. Not even hand back the slot for free so someone else could use it. Yet another archaic feature of a broken system...

Maybe not online but I’ve definitely done it over the phone.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Mine is in tomorrow morning and is currently in the air waiting on the correct track rod end to be delivered 🙈

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Uh oh spaghetti os 🤣
IMG_1199.jpeg

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Mine is Monday evening, and I've just found out one of my wheels is cracked. Will stick it back on and blow it up for the test as I don't think I can get it sorted before then.

Good excuse to get the wheels refurbed to a different colour I suppose tho lol

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
When refreshing for more dates, I presume the idea is to get to this page then refresh it?

Edit - Worked perfect. This is the page to keep refreshing.

1709738843561.png

Last edited:

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Unfortunately theres no quick fix for this, they have dug themselves a massive hole since 2020 and the mess wont be easy cleaned up

They either wipe the slate clean and issue exemptions again to bide time until they can get their **** sorted out or just continue to swim in the **** until something gives

Public service - we know the outcome. Throw more money at it even though its failing and find someone to take the blame

Reactions: dub

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
^ Yeah, that is the problem, no non car person will maintain a car unless forced to by a yearly deadline. The season of the one headlight wonders is coming to an end thankfully. Had an indicator bulb go on the freelander last sunday just before we were going out for dinner, took the fiesta up for a scelp to the local garage that still stocks bulbs and bought two. Whipped the headlight unit out and got the indicator changed before the Mrs had finished getting ready. I really can't drive with a bulb out if at all possible, does my head in.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
So that went well… lol
The system is screwed. Was knackered before the original crack issues and covid, never recovered since.
I know people say you can always get sorted and you need to keep checking etc but it shouldn’t be that difficult to stay legal

IMG_6968.png

IMG_6969.png