Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Screenshot_20210917_083130_com.android.chrome.jpg

Just for info. You can't book online currently.

RevT

RMS Regular
Does anyone have an email address they’ve used for this crowd recently? Trying to change an MOT appointment and obviously can’t due to the booking system being down and can’t get through on the phone either.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I got through on the phone, they’re beat their end too, can do nothing, the new system crashed and they ‘hope’ it’ll be live on Wednesday, no mots or cancellations until then :worried:

RevT

RMS Regular
I had an appointment booked for Wednesday which I needed to change. I managed to get them on an email and they replied saying it’s been cancelled and that they’ll send me details of the new appointment. I just didn’t want to lose my fee for not turning up when it was their website not allowing me to change it.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
It's usually BT who have built them. Not sure in this instance however but won't be internal IT if that's what you're getting at?

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Just realised tonight I’ve booked my MOT over the same few days it’s going in to get more paint tidied up 🙈

Of course this is the first year I’ve been super organised and this happens lol

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
It’s like they are continuously trying to make a bad situation worse which pretty much sums up everything in life recently.

I have standing appointments in a Mallusk and Larne but their new booking system is that crap, you can’t use the same email address for 2 centres, so I had to setup a dummy. I think tomorrow is going to be a disaster and I had many many tests to book.

Pretty annoyed for the office staff at the centres that they are being “redeploying” elsewhere, they are a fantastic bunch I deal with and always helped me out when/where they could.... which is a lot more than I can say for the call centre staff.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Finally got on the booking system and now its saying it cant find the car 🙈

UPDATE: Used capitals and a space and it worked

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
After about 90mins I now have an appointment, and had the option of today, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday so if you do get through there are plenty of time slots

Bryan

RMS Regular
I have tried all day and still got nowhere. I think the issue is my V5 is very old (2012) and it's not on their system. I can get in using the details from some of my other cars so it has to be something specific to the one I'm trying to MOT. I've tried getting through on the phone but it just hangs up on you so I have absolutely no chance of getting a test for it.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I have tried all day and still got nowhere. I think the issue is my V5 is very old (2012) and it's not on their system. I can get in using the details from some of my other cars so it has to be something specific to the one I'm trying to MOT. I've tried getting through on the phone but it just hangs up on you so I have absolutely no chance of getting a test for it.
Id give it a day or 2 and try again, cause when I went back in I was changing nothing and one time it was working fine and the next it was saying we have no details of this car