What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3

d32c9c9050ff4793bc12e875dad14817.jpg

The photos make that look more like Estoril Blue rather than Long Beach!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The RS3s seem to be holding their money really well. I do think they need the supersports seats with being an RS though.

I test drove one a couple of years ago at Belfast Audi with the dynamic pack and sports exhaust....the noise was addictive.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
The RS3s seem to be holding their money really well. I do think they need the supersports seats with being an RS though.

I test drove one a couple of years ago at Belfast Audi with the dynamic pack and sports exhaust....the noise was addictive.
I had my 2018 one a few months......................

Amazing car, really fast, tech was great, noise was great

but, really dull to drive, it just did noise and fast, zero driver engagement or involvement.

I'd have another one but I just don't see the value in them over a Golf R, GTI or S3

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
How much are the Supersport seats?
I had my 2018 one a few months......................

Amazing car, really fast, tech was great, noise was great

but, really dull to drive, it just did noise and fast, zero driver engagement or involvement.

I'd have another one but I just don't see the value in them over a Golf R, GTI or S3

What would you choose for a weekend warrior then for the same money? Been looking at RS5s and M4s too

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
How much are the Supersport seats?

What would you choose for a weekend warrior then for the same money? Been looking at RS5s and M4s too
I drove a RS5 before buying my S4 and wasn't impressed at all. Yes it sounded great but it wasn't as quick or as engaging as the S4.

And I'd recommend driving the RS3 before listening to the people who say they're boring. I absolutely loved by S4, and was certainly never bored by it. I'd have another in a heartbeat.

If you're looking full on driver engagement though, do go drive a few BMW M cars too. They're definitely a much better drivers car, as opposed to the "big comfy cruiser that can go like f*ck" Audi S/RS cars.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

RS3’s came up in conversation with a trader friend last night, in April 2020 they booked at £32k, and today they’re booking at £40k!

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
I drove a RS5 before buying my S4 and wasn't impressed at all. Yes it sounded great but it wasn't as quick or as engaging as the S4.

And I'd recommend driving the RS3 before listening to the people who say they're boring. I absolutely loved by S4, and was certainly never bored by it. I'd have another in a heartbeat.

If you're looking full on driver engagement though, do go drive a few BMW M cars too. They're definitely a much better drivers car, as opposed to the "big comfy cruiser that can go like f*ck" Audi S/RS cars.

I had an S5 v6 and the RS5 I drove blew it away on performance... Was your S4 mapped or something?

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Either I drove a sh*tbox RS5 or my S4 was particularly fit - or could be a mixture of both! But I was MUCH more impressed with the V6 S4

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
True but a mapped S4/S5 should be around the same performance as an RS5. Without the sound of course...
On paper, yes. But it's quite well documented that the RS5 pretty much never even came close to the reported power figures. A mapped supercharged V6 would be sitting between 410-420bhp, whereas most real-world figures from the RS5 (from reading online) seem to be averaging around 370/380bhp.

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
On paper, yes. But it's quite well documented that the RS5 pretty much never even came close to the reported power figures. A mapped supercharged V6 would be sitting between 410-420bhp, whereas most real-world figures from the RS5 (from reading online) seem to be averaging around 370/380bhp.
If you look at RS5's quarter mile times they are around 12.4s which is around the same as a mapped S5 though. I doubt they would be putting out 60-70bhp lower than listed.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Never in any other fast audi but my mates 4.2 rs5 went like **** of a hot shiny shovel when I was in it when he first got it.

Jecks

RMS Regular
Ive an RS5 here and it certainly wouldn’t call it slow. It hasn’t done 500 miles in the past year though !

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
RS3’s came up in conversation with a trader friend last night, in April 2020 they booked at £32k, and today they’re booking at £40k!

Just looking at used ones there on Pistonheads - it's astonishing how such a pokey wee thing could be so expensive. Though it explains why a bloke up the street from me smugly acts like he's the daddy when out washing and prancing about in his :laughing: