What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
What's the running costs on one of these :cool:

VAG engine should be grand, though I’ve heard it they like to leak fluids. Shares parts with the Cayenne which might be expensive if Porsche specific but for the most part probably OK tbh.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202104071077050?postcode=bt422ee&sort=price-asc&model=S5&make=AUDI&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Going to see this tomorrow, anyone know anything about TFSI engines? That idle in the video doesn't sound right to me, thought it would be a lot quieter but I literally know nothing about TFSI engines other than carbon build up...........

Also, the price seems a little steep considering the mileage.
Think those engines are the ones that suffer timing chain rattle. Engine out job to get at.

Edit: Seems the S5 engine fairs better on this front than the S4 4.2 I was thinking of.

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That’s not a TFSI, it’s the 4.2 V8. The later ones were 3.0T.

Id be nervous of chain issues. And the mileage.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I’d have an Aston or a Maserati over one of them at that price. Not pretty cars and have the same interior and seats as a s-line a4 pretty much....

scub

Banned
What's the running costs on one of these :cool:

Porsche.... diesel...
it just can't possibly end well.
that's like telling the blokes in the pub you've got a lamborghini & then taking them to the car park & showing them your tractor!

KevM

RMS Regular
Porsche.... diesel...
it just can't possibly end well.
that's like telling the blokes in the pub you've got a lamborghini & then taking them to the car park & showing them your tractor!

I drove them fairly often in Hursts.
The first night I took one home, I have to say, I didn't really get it. Fast forward to the next morning and I was running a bit late for work and had to push on a bit. It then made perfect sense. For such a huge car, they handle like a Boxster. I couldn't believe the way it changed direction and carried pace through corners. Id have one with PASM tomorrow. Great big car!!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I see these affordable V8s keep appearing and get really tempted but I gotta keep goal focused and get a rust old Nissan instead lol

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I’d have an Aston or a Maserati over one of them at that price. Not pretty cars and have the same interior and seats as a s-line a4 pretty much....
Never actually realised those came with seats like that. Quite disappointing actually