What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st

Screenshot_2023-05-31-22-48-52-24.jpg
see
Screenshot_2023-05-31-22-48-42-24.jpg
Screenshot_2023-05-31-22-48-39-42.jpg
Screenshot_2023-05-31-22-48-35-84.jpg

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
What a build spec.! Over 60k spent on this 260bhp MX5 sleeper.

View attachment 399349

I like that it's fairly unassuming on the outside, but I'm not seeing how there is 60k spent on it unless they've kept all the petrol receipts from new! It's got a fair amount of miles on it too and doesn't talk about rust either so it seems a fairly average mx5 with a forged engine and a turbo kit.

If it is immaculate underneath I'd have liked to see that in the ad

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
When I bought the MX5 I had for 9 years it was the 11th I went to look at. That was in 2013 and loads of Eunos ones were rotten then too unfortunately.

I'd say that one is 'Above Average' but nothing special

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It usually means it’s rough as balls and if you go out expecting an immaculate car the seller will be giving it the full on “sure it’s a 2008 motor, what were you expecting”.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Always tempted with a 3.6 V6 after seeing this one on YouTube with an aftermarket exhaust. Love this colour in the flesh, and surprisingly not a tan/beige or brown interior in sight.

View attachment 399417

Pretty sure the cops had a few of these remember seeing them in one in the centre of Belfast afew years ago.
The colour combo on this is excellent

Did they ever do a manual I the V70R or are they all autos?

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Always tempted with a 3.6 V6 after seeing this one on YouTube with an aftermarket exhaust. Love this colour in the flesh, and surprisingly not a tan/beige or brown interior in sight.

View attachment 399417

I've driven one and other than having good amounts of power and sounding well, it was fairly bland to drive. I much prefer my 3.0r legacy as a 6cyl AWD alternative. Welcome to take it a drive.

Darren91

RMS Regular

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I've driven one and other than having good amounts of power and sounding well, it was fairly bland to drive. I much prefer my 3.0r legacy as a 6cyl AWD alternative. Welcome to take it a drive.

Sounds about right being a VAG and bland lol

Genuinely, when I was looking for a new daily driver last year my search list consisted of 3.6 Superbs and 3.0R Legacys, but I couldn't find a decent one. I actually wouldn't mind a run in the Legacy sometime thank you :grinning:

In the end I got the A6 which I love, but I think the Legacy and Superb would be a little bit easier on mpg.

Sounds great. Is that essentially an R36 Passat underneath?

I believe so, although from what I remember from looking in to them a couple of years ago I don't think they can be mapped up in the same way that the R36 can.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Sounds about right being a VAG and bland lol

Genuinely, when I was looking for a new daily driver last year my search list consisted of 3.6 Superbs and 3.0R Legacys, but I couldn't find a decent one. I actually wouldn't mind a run in the Legacy sometime thank you :grinning:

In the end I got the A6 which I love, but I think the Legacy and Superb would be a little bit easier on mpg.

I believe so, although from what I remember from looking in to them a couple of years ago I don't think they can be mapped up in the same way that the R36 can.

Absolutely more than welcome to a run in mine. It's a 2005 3.0r Spec B Manual. It does 20mpg commuting and 28-30mpg motorway however, but I can't imagine the R36 would be much better.

I'm in Dundonald if you do fancy a run. They sound fantastic too. Mine has a pair of backboxes just for a subtle note, but the raptor manifold cars are like an old porsche

Granted, the one in this video one is supercharged, but an estate car has no right to make such exotic sounds. Skip the first 30 seconds it's all intro nonsense

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
When does your new one arrive @ace275 ? What's the plan with your current one when it comes?

End of the month hopefully. I risked a guess date and have a flight booked to pick it up, just waiting on the logbook coming through so I can put a plate on it. I'll probably be selling the 3.0. I did consider turning it into a trackday car or taking it to the Nürburgring but I wouldn't have time this year to do either, so I'll do that another time

'96dc2

RMS Regular
What value would be on a clio 200 cup red with 100k. Decent condition. Belt and dephaser just done. Would £3.5-£4K be reasonable?