What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I fancy this -

1714047361474.png

1714047400470.png

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
A class Mercedes was the worst built car I ever owned.

And if you do buy one, pray you never have to deal with Mercedes Belfast, absolute bunch of ****s.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI

Reece Kirk

RMS Member
Drives
M240i Auto
These always catch my eye and I'm not a big VAG fan, sometimes think I should chop both Megane and Clio in and have something more modern and fun, but reckon I would miss having more power.

I know power isn't everything (the most fun car i've owned was a ST180) but the Up GTI's take almost 9 seconds to hit 60 :laughing: feel like they're somewhat lacking especially for the price...

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
I know power isn't everything (the most fun car i've owned was a ST180) but the Up GTI's take almost 9 seconds to hit 60 :laughing: feel like they're somewhat lacking especially for the price...

That's what I thought, and they do seem to be holding money well, Had a look and stage 1 according to autotune is only 130bhp, suppose a few more mods would have you at 150 which would be a quick enough for one I'd have thought!

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Awesome!

Couldn’t have the yellow plastic seat bases though.
Now I realise my own seat bases are the same colour, never noticed until now somehow. Whilst they’ll never be to everyone’s taste, at least with BMW, they don’t look too bad in real life.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
I really like those but I don't think it suits white at all. Never actually seen a white one in person.
Looks are deceiving. Stayed near Mansfiels with a friend and his family when I bought the XJR. He also owns a 5.0L supercharged XKR and took me for a spin up near Matlock. Holy feck, they can move! His is also white and looks fantastic (imho). Sounds great too - like God gargling - with an aftermarket exhaust 👍

That one in the ad though looks like it could be looked after better. Exhaust tips look rotten from lack of attention. Car tax is also ridiculous. Hope mine doesn't get to be that much.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Different wheels would help that Jag a lot. Or maybe even gloss black and same treatment for the grill.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Different wheels would help that Jag a lot. Or maybe even gloss black and same treatment for the grill.
Agreed! Nevis 20" alloys are the usual choice. That or Sentas. Not sure what that alloy is called, apart from generic.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I seen one of the later VW Phaetons parked in Belfast yesterday. They are not remotely stylish in any way, and most probably think they're dull, but for me there's something about them that I still like. Maybe it's just the semi-oddball nature of them. They've always been a car I'd tell myself for a few hours that I'd like to own then quickly talk myself out of the potential moneypit-ness of them, and go back to pondering A8s instead.

1714142115815.png

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Looks are deceiving. Stayed near Mansfiels with a friend and his family when I bought the XJR. He also owns a 5.0L supercharged XKR and took me for a spin up near Matlock. Holy feck, they can move! His is also white and looks fantastic (imho). Sounds great too - like God gargling - with an aftermarket exhaust 👍

That one in the ad though looks like it could be looked after better. Exhaust tips look rotten from lack of attention. Car tax is also ridiculous. Hope mine doesn't get to be that much.
They're no quicker than something like a Golf R, but yea not really the point of cars like that. Mustang was the same, not overly fast but would take the soundtrack all day long. The Cobra is probably slower again but same deal and no driving aids thrown in to the mix for a more engaging drive.

The all white just makes that one look strange, nearly makes the side skirts and front splitter look like a body kit. Have seen a few dark grey and black and they've looked great.

All pre April '17 cars like that are just bonkers road tax now though and only going to get worse.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I seen one of the later VW Phaetons parked in Belfast yesterday. They are not remotely stylish in any way, and most probably think they're dull, but for me there's something about them that I still like. Maybe it's just the semi-oddball nature of them. They've always been a car I'd tell myself for a few hours that I'd like to own then quickly talk myself out of the potential moneypit-ness of them, and go back to pondering A8s instead.

View attachment 432528
W12 Phaeton has been on my list since they launched. Imagine the novelty would wear off fairly quickly but they’re lovely things inside.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

View attachment 432528

Think I’d rather have the last of the Phaetons than a D3 A8.
Edit- flip for £6k this is class!

Reactions: RWL