Wheeled Detailing Tool Bag.....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

barnesy

RMS Member
Drives
Fiesta Mk6
Sorry to ruin this but this bag is up on ebay for £20 and free delivery i think.

Not sure if im allowed to post the link but its on detailing world and a review of the bag. They do retail at about £35 though

PJS

RMS Regular
OP
PJS
It'd be most useful if you'd bothered your arse to check your facts first, before posting, you idiot!

It's not free delivery anything, and the delivery cost listed does not cover NI - it's a good bit more to send it over here.
By organising a single address delivery, it makes it more cost effective, which is exactly what I've done. Everyone wins then!

It's retail is £37.odd (ex VAT) - £44 - and that's before delivery is even considered.

As for being sorry - pfft, yeah right. Why would you apologise for being a crap stirrer knowing full well that's what you're doing?

Now away and learn some forum etiquette, before you post another erroneous reply.

barnesy

RMS Member
Drives
Fiesta Mk6
Okay then, delivery wasnt free. I was unsure of that, but i now see delivery is £5.95 to the UK, not 100% sure on what it is to Northern Ireland.

Now why are you talking about a retail price of £44 when the seller is listing them for £19.99?

I wasnt stirring crap, just agreeing with what dub said earlier in the post that i have seen these for £20 + p&p, wherever someone decided to get them from is their choice.

Dub, as well as yourself has clearly seen these advertised on detailing world because the last picture you used in your post is lifted from the detailing world post.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
1) PJS (confirmed)
2) Bob CRX (confirmed)
3) Crimson (confirmed)
4) DetailNI (confirmed)
5) Jonto (confirmed)
6)

One slot left guys, assuming Crimson is confirmed.

confirmed lad (y)

1) PJS (confirmed)
2) Bob CRX (confirmed)
3) Crimson (confirmed)
4) DetailNI (confirmed)
5) Jonto (confirmed)
6)

PJS

RMS Regular
OP
PJS
Okay then, delivery wasnt free. I was unsure of that, but i now see delivery is £5.95 to the UK, not 100% sure on what it is to Northern Ireland.

Now why are you talking about a retail price of £44 when the seller is listing them for £19.99?

I wasnt stirring crap, just agreeing with what dub said earlier in the post that i have seen these for £20 + p&p, wherever someone decided to get them from is their choice.

So if you were unsure of whether free delivery was included or not, why not check first or leave remarking on it out?

Mention of the £44 is to correct your comment about it being £35 (which is less than the shipped price of the ebay one to over here!), and serves to show that even with the increased cost of delivery to NI, £30 is still a big saving.
£26 would be better still, but alas NI isn't part of the UK when it comes to shipping costs!

It's generally accepted forum etiquette in threads dealing with group purchases, that you don't go sticking your oar in, stirring things, which both you and Dub have done.

PJS

RMS Regular
OP
PJS
confirmed lad (y)

1) PJS (confirmed)
2) Bob CRX (confirmed)
3) Crimson (confirmed)
4) DetailNI (confirmed)
5) Jonto (confirmed)

Thanks Crimson.
Dropped the 6th one, so that's all 5 now ordered and paid for.

PJS

RMS Regular
OP
PJS
Think it's ParcelForce 48, so probably Wednesday or Thursday.

PJS

RMS Regular
OP
PJS
Gav, do you want me to see if I can grab another on for you?

düb

D
It's generally accepted forum etiquette in threads dealing with group purchases, that you don't go sticking your oar in, stirring things, which both you and Dub have done.

i'm not sticking my 'oar' in when people are getting their eye wiped matey, just pointing out they've been spotted cheaper elsewhere.

PJS

RMS Regular
OP
PJS
But you are, as you're only focused on the headline figure of the bag costing £20.
Factor in the actual postage, because we live over here, and the real cost is £38!
So what part of £30 being less than £38, constitutes anyone getting their "eye wiped"?
Unless my maths is wrong, surely that's a saving of £8?

düb

D
well i've pm'd the fella regarding the bags in that actual concern over postage over here, will be interested to hear what he says

PJS

RMS Regular
OP
PJS
Bully for you, so you've appointed yourself as RMS' equivalent of Dominic Littlewood, then?
What is it you hope to achieve with your (moral?) crusade?

It's ironic that you are doing everything in your power to stir it, but yet never had the brains to think of bringing the item in question to the forum's attention until I had!
Moreover, you didn't contemplate buying a number for interested members, seeing as you've their best interests at heart?

rosssei

RMS Regular
^^ someone needs to calm down!

bags look good Phil - can you still get them after these ones arrive?

ek4

RMS Regular
Drives
ek4
So if you were unsure of whether free delivery was included or not, why not check first or leave remarking on it out?

Mention of the £44 is to correct your comment about it being £35 (which is less than the shipped price of the ebay one to over here!), and serves to show that even with the increased cost of delivery to NI, £30 is still a big saving.
£26 would be better still, but alas NI isn't part of the UK when it comes to shipping costs!

Not getting at you but NI is part of UK when it comes to shipping if using royal mail/parcelforce.
Good idea those bags,will ponder putting my name down.
Oops...just seen they are all taken!

PJS

RMS Regular
OP
PJS
Ross, I'm calm, albeit frustrated & annoyed by certain members' antics.
I probably could do a 2nd run - 4 minimum needed.

EK4, even with RM/PF, we still get priced higher. Don't believe me? Go to either site and price up a delivery to BTxx and any other mainland postcode you can recall or find, then you'll see how the stretch of water separating us from the mainland changes things.
As above, I'll start a 2nd run list.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Ross, I'm calm, albeit frustrated & annoyed by certain members' antics.
I probably could do a 2nd run - 4 minimum needed.

EK4, even with RM/PF, we still get priced higher. Don't believe me? Go to either site and price up a delivery to BTxx and any other mainland postcode you can recall or find, then you'll see how the stretch of water separating us from the mainland changes things.
As above, I'll start a 2nd run list.

Im not interested in the bags or what you are doing with the group buy. However you are wrong about the postage. Both Royal Mail and Parcelforce charge a flat rate for the UK, be it NI or the mainland. This is from years of experience with ebay etc. Just look at how many people on this site have availed of the £11 Parcelforce flat rate up to 30kg service using either paypal or senditnow. Go into the post office and ask, you still put a first class stamp on wether its going to England or 20 miles down the road so why would it be any different with parcels?

Detail NI

RMS Regular
Anytime I send or receive anything from mainland britian it is more expensive. That wee pond in between causes a lot of hastle when shipping. I'm talking parcels here and not letters.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Are they posted via Royal Mail or Parcelforce? It is not more expensive to send a parcel to NI than the mainland using these companies.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
mk2driver is right, we don't get charged any more through either RM or PF. And I double checked. All PF services cost exactly the same, to the penny. Getting an eBay seller to believe this however is another matter.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Indeed. Some automatically like to add £10 to the postage cost because we live in a different country on the other side of the world.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.