White 477 headlights... Illegal?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
I went to Halfords today because one of my dipped headlight bulbs were out.

The guy told me that my current headlights were illegal beause they were white and I ended up buying two yellow ones (which I really didn't want) and had to pay freakin £31 to get both put in. The guy said another guy in Halfords said they were illegal and the packet says for off road use only.

But I've now been told that's a lot of c***! Also I've been driving with those white headlights for 11 months now and I've passed traffic police loads of times and they haven't said anything AND I passed my MOT with them in.

So are they ACTUALLY illegal? Because if they aren't.. I'm going to give halfords hell tomorrow xD!

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
I am going to f***ing mental tomorrow >:[!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your help guys :grinning:!

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 580

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Is that red or pink? Had a girl in work the other day in a pink Corsa needing an air flow meter even though she was told it was the turbo by numerous people..

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
I have one of the old bulbs! I'll run out to the car now and check. Give me two wee minutes xD

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
Oki the bulb says "H7 12V 55W" then in a little box it says E11 .... And if I just take a look at the packet of stupid yellow ones I got it says FREAKING H7 12V 55W >:[!!!!!!!!!!!

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
@Sgt_Major ..... I am going to kill someone ;_;!!! The yellow ones look so crap ;_;!!!! If I go in tomorrow and ask for a manager and say I've been given false information for them to sell more products... That they might help me out? I want my white ones back ;_;

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
I'd certainly be making the complaint that they mislead you to buying their product, you want them taken back and a full refund, including the fitting fee, and the car put back the way it was, ie, your old, working bulb reinstalled...

They probably don't stock the one you want, so you probably won't get a new one there... You'll have to find somewhere that has them, maybe a motor factors or online?

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
@Sgt_Major see the guy told me they DID sell my white bulbs but he said they're illegal >:[!!

That sounds like a good plan! For the Inconvenience they should bloody give me a new white headlight >:[!!

Thank you for helping me :grinning:! Imma take screenshots of this conversation and show them it if they try and fight! Also seeing as I know people in law... Imma find the law on selling products via false information :3!

Because I don't do complaints half arsed :')!

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
Get osram nightbreakers in and be done with it!

I believe @k11_mad works at that store?

Also dosent an E11 stamp mean they meet the correct standards?

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
I will get Osama nightbreakers ^^! I will get them in white, and then I will not be so damn angry about turning my headlights on anymore!

I have no idea what the stamps mean o.o!

@ace275 ... The law on misleading information has been printed ^^! Halfords are really going to hate their lives tomorrow morning.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Steer clear of Halfrauds if you can, good local motor factors is all you need (y) Get good banter when you use them all the time as only 2-3 people usually work in them

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
Yeh I ****ing hate halfords tbh... The windscreen wipers I got there were good for the space of a week and now they leave marks across the windows -_-
@Gavlar Are there any of them in south Belfast?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Carryduff Auto Parts or else Comber Auto Parts, a bit further afield, are both great. We use both daily.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.