White Silver Golf R 7.5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Can Carista not do a lot of the basics? Just wondering as mine arrived today.
It can yeah, I’d like the rear DRLs which doesn’t seem possible with Carista unfortunately.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Will I or won’t I. Opinions welcome....
E2C7BA99-D722-4E50-87E0-46D3D5253FE1.jpeg

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Thought so! I want to wait until it’s clean again though.

I stuck the sill protector vinyls on tonight, happy with them although I know they won’t be to everyone’s taste.

8D0FFA27-8E4C-497B-BC61-9549A3360045.jpeg
260E93EF-4DFE-4A37-81CD-C17205478744.jpeg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Call down to the shop Nick, I want a look around it!

You can borrow my Fireball drying towel to see if you like it!

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Plates, big yes (y)

Sill protectors, no (n) (sorry, not for me)

Many miles on the car now?
1300ish now...

I’m still not 100% on them myself but they are easy enough taken off.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I've went the other way. Back to standard font.

Flame suit at the ready........but think metros look a bit sh1te on most things now.

Nice number that, doesn't need a cheap font to make it look better. :-#

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I've went the other way. Back to standard font.

Flame suit at the ready........but think metros look a bit sh1te on most things now.

Nice number that, doesn't need a cheap font to make it look better. :-#
See that’s what I keep getting popping into my head. Might get a standard plate made up without the dealer writing. @Woodcutter are you able to do standard plates without any writing on them?

MarkM

RMS Regular
See that’s what I keep getting popping into my head. Might get a standard plate made up without the dealer writing. @Woodcutter are you able to do standard plates without any writing on them?

I don’t dislike metro but standard font with no text at the bottom will look better (y)

davyk31

RMS Regular
I'm kinda keen on the standard font now as well and that is coming from the position of always changing plates and hating standard ones. Now I quite like a plain plate and one of the best I have is a standard font in 10mm smaller size. Looks very clean and just a little bit special as the size difference is just about noticeable. That said I haven't even got round to putting it on the new car, new meaning we got it six months ago now lol.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I have been told mine was nicer with the standard plates on it but I like metros so that’s why they are on lol.

Kick plates are a no from me.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I take it worst case you get a producer for the metro plates when pulled over?

I haven’t been pulled for mine in I don’t know how long. Even when I had the Cupra 2 years the front one was smaller. I think you need to have a really stupid plate to be pulled over.

migs

RMS Regular
I'm kinda keen on the standard font now as well and that is coming from the position of always changing plates and hating standard ones. Now I quite like a plain plate and one of the best I have is a standard font in 10mm smaller size. Looks very clean and just a little bit special as the size difference is just about noticeable. That said I haven't even got round to putting it on the new car, new meaning we got it six months ago now lol.

I run the same as this, standard font just 10mm smaller. Subtle enough difference and does actually make it look chunky and a bit neater on the plate! Standard dealer plates in the boot just incase the Po Po pull me or the wife in..... "Yes officer we were pulled in yesterday and have these ones made I just need to get them fitted later today" lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.