Who for honda remap?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thanks for the heads up. Just sent a mail so will see how long it takes. Hope he can fit me in, should have mailed sooner.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Thanks for the heads up. Just sent a mail so will see how long it takes. Hope he can fit me in, should have mailed sooner.

May get lucky and get booked in a month but he’s usually 3-4 months depending

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
9B7ADCAA-CFC0-4BC2-B75E-EA2CEC59155A.jpeg

Tried ringing him?

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
I have contacted Aonghus for you and will let you know what he says, I have a feeling that he may be on Holiday now tho

The man never stops so it would be much needed down time tbh

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thanks Stephen, hopefully it will be good news, I'd love to get it mapped finally. If he's been on holiday its likely he will have a backlog which isn't good, its hard for me to give much notice sometimes as I don't often know much over a month before exactly when I'll be home.

Sounds like Greg @ Pro-Tuner, always flat out, works until very late, was mapping mine until something like 2am. Probably a good thing as if they weren't good they wouldn't be so busy.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I can vouch for Aonghus too, he mapped my CL7 Euro R and with a brand new ECU he hadn't worked with before. Took him best part of the weekend but he persevered and it was such a transformation. Absolute gent too, very quiet but a complete wizard.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Thanks Stephen, hopefully it will be good news, I'd love to get it mapped finally. If he's been on holiday its likely he will have a backlog which isn't good, its hard for me to give much notice sometimes as I don't often know much over a month before exactly when I'll be home.

Sounds like Greg @ Pro-Tuner, always flat out, works until very late, was mapping mine until something like 2am. Probably a good thing as if they weren't good they wouldn't be so busy.

Ok so he is on Holiday and will be home next week, he said that he will look out for your email when he gets back to work next week

I told him your not a messer. If he doesn’t get back to you for some reason let me know and I can ask if he got your email

No better man for tuning a Honda or any other car. I’ve had my k-series car tuned 4 times now with different setups, he also did my R32 skyline and my K04 B7 A4...couldn’t say enough good things about his work. Very knowledgeable with a lot of experience in very high end race and rally cars and doesn’t leave a car until it’s perfect

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Anything to be gained mapping a standard s2000 ?
You can’t map a standard s2k without ecu change and gains are not really that impressive even with AEM, Hondata (later models only) or the new ECU that was just released by some uk company. Really needs some mods to make it worthwhile sadly

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
shame - iv a bit of rust work to sort, so that and tyres will likely be my next outlay. I see a few pics of your motor on the s facebook page. Looking well!!

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Anything to be gained mapping a standard s2000 ?

Small gains, but by the time you pay for the ECU or hondata and tuning the gains will not be worth it

On a K20 with VTC and bolt ons the gains are better esp with the right bolt-on breathing mods. A good k20 with the right breathing will make 240/250hp when tuned right and that’s impressive for an NA engine already tuned from the factory. There are good mid range gains when adjusting VTC angles on the intake cam

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Ok so he is on Holiday and will be home next week, he said that he will look out for your email when he gets back to work next week

I told him your not a messer. If he doesn’t get back to you for some reason let me know and I can ask if he got your email

No better man for tuning a Honda or any other car. I’ve had my k-series car tuned 4 times now with different setups, he also did my R32 skyline and my K04 B7 A4...couldn’t say enough good things about his work. Very knowledgeable with a lot of experience in very high end race and rally cars and doesn’t leave a car until it’s perfect
Thanks for your help, thats really great, hoping he will be able to fit me in, can't wait to try the B20 with a fully completed map.

Great to hear such good feedback from someone who has used him so often as well as many others. It is hard to find a good tuner these days. If it goes well I can consider using him for future projects to save driving over to Pro-Tuner in England.

Not looking forward to the drive there though, love to drive the car around home but its just too loud for long distance driving. Planning to wear sound deadening in ear headphones with ear protectors over the top once I'm on the motorway sections. :laughing:

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Thanks for your help, thats really great, hoping he will be able to fit me in, can't wait to try the B20 with a fully completed map.

Great to hear such good feedback from someone who has used him so often as well as many others. It is hard to find a good tuner these days. If it goes well I can consider using him for future projects to save driving over to Pro-Tuner in England.

Not looking forward to the drive there though, love to drive the car around home but its just too loud for long distance driving. Planning to wear sound deadening in ear headphones with ear protectors over the top once I'm on the motorway sections. :laughing:

If I was to do it again then definitely consider trailering it down and staying over. Usually around 7.5/8 hours round trip driving alone plus waiting around all day for the tuning itself.
There’s a hotel 10 mins up the road that’s nice spot so certainly consider it lol

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Will check out the hotel, would rather go down the afternoon before, take it easy and break up the journey.

At least my seats are super comfy and the driving position is perfect so if I can block out enough noise I should be ok.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Will check out the hotel, would rather go down the afternoon before, take it easy and break up the journey.

At least my seats are super comfy and the driving position is perfect so if I can block out enough noise I should be ok.

Clayton hotel think it was. Boring drive so use headphones to help past the time and block the drone out lol

StephenDc2

RMS Regular

Like Dean mentioned it’s too much to do in one day, I learnt the hard way esp if there are any teething problems on the day

The Clayton is 5mins away and a great Hotel to stay.. pool good food and beer

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Still no contact has been made so its not looking good.

If I was to do it again then definitely consider trailering it down and staying over. Usually around 7.5/8 hours round trip driving alone plus waiting around all day for the tuning itself.
I have plans to get a pickup soon as a daily and then get my trailer license and as I always seem to be needing a trailer I'l probably try to pick one up at some point, perhaps split the costs with a couple of mates who would also have use for one.

Like Dean mentioned it’s too much to do in one day, I learnt the hard way esp if there are any teething problems on the day
Likewise from previous experience with these kind of things it is better allow more time than you think and not try to rush it in one day. Ended up staying a few days extra in England when I was getting the 260 tuned.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
So I would ask who else for a map but I really doubt there is anyone I would trust without me going to England and I really don't want to drive that far in my noisy car.

If it was running a link ECU I'd borrow a dyno and their wideband setup and do it myself but I don't get on that well with the Hondata so this will be a last resort.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
So I would ask who else for a map but I really doubt there is anyone I would trust without me going to England and I really don't want to drive that far in my noisy car.

If it was running a link ECU I'd borrow a dyno and their wideband setup and do it myself but I don't get on that well with the Hondata so this will be a last resort.

Get Romain Levesque booked for the next time he is over at @gsportscars

Romain Levesque

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.