Who for honda remap?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Thats a good idea, didn't know he came over here at all.
He's suposed to be coming over soon to map a fellas fk2 again I was asked did I want my car mapped by him while he was over but I've not heard anything about it in a while I'll see what's happening and let you know .

bob

RMS Regular
Yeah I used him to map a B16b, high comp on throttle bodies on DTA. Lot of the top national rallycars in the country are all running engines built by him so the work would definitely be good enough. Can't remember how long I waited but he's very busy. I had tried AP before but the emails stopped and TBH I would have preferred someone closer than Galway. KGP is just outside Rathmullan.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
So, KGP only map engines they build.

What power did you get from your B16B Bob? What was the redline. I loved my B16B, sounded awesome revving to 9000rpm and while not the best at low rpms its a great drivers engine that delivers best when being thrashed. Highest R/S ratio in a Honda car engine I believe.

bob

RMS Regular
Ahh that's a pity, I know they're very busy. I bought the ECU, loom and different bits from him which is probably the only reason he mapped it.

It made 215bhp. The top spec engines in my class are making 225/230 but probably cost two/three times what mine cost to put together, so I was happy with that figure for a fairly home brewed engine. Rev limit was lowered slightly. Yeah fantastic engines for a factory engine,a lot more character than the Kseries if a bit lacking in torque! Changing the gearing really helps them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.