Who would you recommend for a tracker?

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
I need 2/3 trackers for some farm equment - tractors and utility vehicles. Can you recommend anyone?

Thanks

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
If you want one cool, or maybe your insurance says get one.
My thoughts though, police were standing beside my stolen skyline years ago and knew it was stolen. I was on the phone to them and they said they may have to leave the car if the hoods kick off. So by and large I don’t see the point of them.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If you want one cool, or maybe your insurance says get one.
My thoughts though, police were standing beside my stolen skyline years ago and knew it was stolen. I was on the phone to them and they said they may have to leave the car if the hoods kick off. So by and large I don’t see the point of them.

Strange comment ? Clearly the tracker worked fine. Just the police didnt do whatever you wanted them to do. No fault of the tracker. Presumably you also knew where the car was, so could also go to recover it ?

I've used these people, but as above, depends whether it's something for insurance purposes, or just yourself.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I think I’ll invest in one myself, i thought trackers used to be a fortune but it looks like they have came down to sensible levels.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
trackers are really just for logistics nowadays, not much theft deterant, too easy circumvented

It's less a case of theft deterrent, unless you're putting big stickers on the car claiming there is a tracker fitted. It's more about theft recovery.

Of course anything can be circumvented....but not all thieves are professionals, and it doesnt mean it will not alert you of the theft promptly, rather than finding out several hours later when there is even less chance of recovery.

I can see no downsides.

PhilM

RMS Regular
Pal of mine just started up doing this recently, he has done it for a large company or two In the past.

I'll go his fb page name.

Edit

Karl Scullion @ Fleet Path.

Real helpful guy

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Strange comment ? Clearly the tracker worked fine. Just the police didnt do whatever you wanted them to do. No fault of the tracker. Presumably you also knew where the car was, so could also go to recover it ?

I've used these people, but as above, depends whether it's something for insurance purposes, or just yourself.

there was no tracker in it

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Even less relevance to a tracker thread then lol

my point is that even if the police are standing beside your car once your tracker has done it’s thing it doesn’t mean your getting it back. Or is that beyond your ability to join the dots

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Isn’t the ghost tracker and immobiliser meant to be the best out there also programmable so the vehicle can only be started if a certain sequence of buttons pressed. Think they work for farm machinery possibly too expensive though.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
my point is that even if the police are standing beside your car once your tracker has done it’s thing it doesn’t mean your getting it back. Or is that beyond your ability to join the dots

I wouldn't be waiting on the police to do anything if I had a tracker and needed to use it. Because as with most aspects of relying on them to fight crime.....you'd be waiting a hell of a long time.

So you'd have no interest in retrieving the car yourself or doing anything about it ?
Isn’t the ghost tracker and immobiliser meant to be the best out there also programmable so the vehicle can only be started if a certain sequence of buttons pressed. Think they work for farm machinery possibly too expensive though.

Some of the ones from rewire can be used to disable circuits, and can also be setup to activate or de-activate via a text message sent to the device.
So you could kill power etc if you had an alert of movement or tampering.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I wouldn't be waiting on the police to do anything if I had a tracker and needed to use it. Because as with most aspects of relying on them to fight crime.....you'd be waiting a hell of a long time.

So you'd have no interest in retrieving the car yourself or doing anything about it ?

Some of the ones from rewire can be used to disable circuits, and can also be setup to activate or de-activate via a text message sent to the device.
So you could kill power etc if you had an alert of movement or tampering.

lol. Aye. Sure you rock up to a organised crime lot and politely ask for your motor back. I’d love to watch how that unfolds.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
You would fill your trunks in front of a crowd of toddlers I suspect, even disorganised thief’s stealing a car are scum. There not just going to hand the car back with an apology.

Ollie

RMS Regular
Some really good contributions posted above. Anyone using the ebay specials with a pay as you go sim?
Often stuff stolen will be left somewhere to "cool off" before its moved on.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Mate was living in London for a few years and had a nice car. Got one fitted just incase. Best thing he did, car was stolen, found within a couple of days with minimal damage. Think it had been hidden away to "cool off". Police didn't give him much info.

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
I recommend you stay away from Dido Harding, absolutley ***** at trackers.....................I'll get my coat.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Load of stripped transits....wonder who stole the tractor ? Cops need to watch the Lockpicking lawyer on youtube for opening locks lol

Wonder does the guy work directly for the tracker company, or a sub contractor. It'd be rather impractical for one or two guys to cover the entire of the UK.

The RF transmitter aspect sounds good as a backup good though.

Prices don't seem bad at all though and the internal battery backup seems very good.. I paid similar for mine, although my yearly is cheaper. But it's up, to me to do all the tracking. Their website doesn't seem to shout out that they go to the above lengths for all cases ?
edit....their FAQ has this

"

We have seen the finding on YouTube is this extra ?​

No extra charge for the theft recovery situation which will require an Automatrics radio finder to be deployed.. Automatrics will dispatch a radio signal finder to help locate assets where the GPS signals are being jammed, or blocked from Satellite view such as underground or where law enforcement are too slow to react or they require our support to precisely locate a vehicle out of sight such as hidden within a group of buildings or garages. "