wht other alternative fuels are you using in your diesels?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Excellent, none of the gimps in my office would believe me that certain tdi engines can run on veg oil, can't wait to show them this thread! :cool:

Mark_C

RMS Regular
From what I gather from talking to a few companies in Germany, any diesel can be converted - the solution for common rail engines is just a little more convoluted. There are companies producing kits in germany for TDi VW's and Audis (They arent common rail though). I'd imagine theyd be twin tankers at least.

Whether they work or not is anyones guess

Jonny

RMS Regular
could i run the dci clio on bio diesel and is there anywhere near ballymena selling good bio, also a 98 306 d turbo (unmolested not screwed) could it run on bio and is the bio up near the horseshoe bend past ballysillan still good.

thanks

Jonny

Mark_C

RMS Regular
could i run the dci clio on bio diesel and is there anywhere near ballymena selling good bio, also a 98 306 d turbo (unmolested not screwed) could it run on bio and is the bio up near the horseshoe bend past ballysillan still good.

thanks

Jonny

If you have a bosch in the 306 you will be able to run it on a high mix of veg - with a heater - as high as 90% - maybe 100 in summer.

Jonny

RMS Regular
aye but without going to that hassle, what about bio from the pump?

Bibby

RMS Regular
OP
Bibby
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
im running mine with 100% at the min!

as to where im buying it at 68p per litre cheaper than diesel, based on diesel my way at 132 per litre im not going to say, every one was buying i from mackro, the price there went crazy, then lidels the same
th place i have found at the min is no where near the scale they are, and im happy that just cooks and me are buying it at the price we are at the min

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.