Will anywhere qoute me? 106GTI, 18yrs old 1 yrs Ncb

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
theres a post in this section with peoples quotes...all their details are included. Try that.

Why rush to buy a gti now?? your only 18 and in the eyes of all insurance companies, a liability!!

Jonny

RMS Regular
thats true andy and davey (procar) does have an immaculate wee vtr for sale.......

Jmax

RMS Regular
wingnut said:
The phone call will go something like this:

"Hi, I'd like to insure a 106 GTI at 18."
"Hold on one moment please sir"
*puts phone on its side*
"Some eighteen year old wants to insure a 106 gti hahahahahaha"
*lifts phone again*
I'm sorry sir but we cannot give you a quotation at this time.

classic and true

Rik

RMS Regular
OP
Rik
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Dont see why thats funny,

Can insure a vts for £1400, £200 more than my 106.

After being out in Bronk VTS, a few VTR's tried to have a go, and after seeing the difference I think i'll go for a 16v

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
deep down you want the gti/vts....you'll never be happy with anything less. First day you buy the vtr or such like you'll get completely fuking blown off my someone like me and it'll be tears mate. Follow your heart!

Rik

RMS Regular
OP
Rik
Drives
BMW E46 M3
I'm def gettin a VTS mate, but if I had the choice I'd pick the GTI

Jonny

RMS Regular
fair play dude, hard to believe that although the vts is a higher insurance group than the gti it's a lot more easily insured.

good luck finding a clean one, but i dont think you'll have to look too far lol

Rik

RMS Regular
OP
Rik
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Gona save for a while mate,

Think I want a silver one as white, black and blue is taken.

If a nice white one came up (sorry Bronk i'd have to)

therock

RMS Regular
Best bet is to wait mate, although I know you dont want to. :p

I remember getting stupid quotes for **** cars like 1.2 clios and the like. What a difference even age 20 made. :grinning:

Rik

RMS Regular
OP
Rik
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Thats true for the GTI but its only an extra £200 for the VTS

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
go for the vts lad, essentially the same car essentially but i know the gti is a bit rarer an wud b different, both cars a lot of fun, had a few goes in bronks an have to say she can shift

as for insurance have u added ur mum or anythin onto the policy, brought my cav insurance down 150quid or so, try reducin the mileage a bit? but soudns quite competitive quotes, i apid 1750 tpft on a mk3 astra Si 1.4 Si wit a whoppin 82bhp lol at 19

if ur 18 an10 months did i read rite? wait the 2 months!!!

sturgy

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra type r
good luck gettin insured m8, my cusin has a really old polo which he bought for £80 (nothing wrong with it jus got it cheap cuz he bought it of his neighbour) and he is getting quoted from £2500- £4000 to insure it.quinn quoted him over £3000 to insure it. its gay as the way its so dear to insure us young drivers

casper-ac

RMS Regular
wait a couple months til ur 19 then try again either that or suffer with your own for a while like the rest of us!
then when u are bit older and can afford it a bit more go for it!
cant think of any other advice!

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
i got an insurance quote for a 1900 205 which is a group higher than a 106 for 650 in my own name ...im 18 with no ncb......... you just gotta no how to work the site

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
sturgy said:
good luck gettin insured m8, my cusin has a really old polo which he bought for £80 (nothing wrong with it jus got it cheap cuz he bought it of his neighbour) and he is getting quoted from £2500- £4000 to insure it.quinn quoted him over £3000 to insure it. its gay as the way its so dear to insure us young drivers

Did he tell them the car was only worth £80? If he did that is probably why. When gettin quotes on the net I got one insuring the car for the price i bought it (low). Then i tried sayin it was worth £2000 - bingo - a couple hundred cheaper!! Then i tried putting the price up further and the quotes started getting higher again, so for this company the optimum was £2000.

Doesn't matter what figure you tell them anyway because they will only pay out the current market value of the car if you claim

Rik

RMS Regular
OP
Rik
Drives
BMW E46 M3
m00k said:
go for the vts lad, essentially the same car essentially but i know the gti is a bit rarer an wud b different, both cars a lot of fun, had a few goes in bronks an have to say she can shift

as for insurance have u added ur mum or anythin onto the policy, brought my cav insurance down 150quid or so, try reducin the mileage a bit? but soudns quite competitive quotes, i apid 1750 tpft on a mk3 astra Si 1.4 Si wit a whoppin 82bhp lol at 19

if ur 18 an10 months did i read rite? wait the 2 months!!!

19 in December, Yea will be waiting to after xmas anyway get some more £ saved and get the xtra £ at xmas :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.