would you buy used front discs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
Drives
it hard
Looking for new discs for my Kwak ZZR, its looking like about £130 quid a side, also need pads so its going to be nearly £300 quid.

Would anyone consider used discs with decent meat left on them? Afraid of buying some off a bike thats collided on the front end incase the discs are slightly buckled

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I wouldn't myself, your on a motorbike so I'd def go new no matter the price as its your life your risking

EP82JM

RMS Regular
It genuinely suprises me the amount of people who text looking to buy used brakes off me when I'm breaking a car,always happens with discs but even had a fella ring recently looking to buy my rear pads lol.

I never would,and especially not on a bike.

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
OP
mx5 turbo
Drives
it hard
Thought that would be the general answer. Im still considering it though, as long as they're not Chinese keek they should be as good as any

RoniN

RMS Regular
@brendy we're in motorbike chat !!! You can't skim motorbike brake disc's.

New all the way for me.

Cheers

Reactions: wes

RoniN

RMS Regular
Can't or won't? They have finer tolerances than car rotors but can still be done.

There's no doubt you could have them skimmed if you could find someone to do it, but on modern bikes being a floating disc you would need to have a death wish to then fit them.

Cheers

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
would never consider it. biking is dangerous enough without skimping on one of the most important functions on a bike.
purchasing new at least gives you peace of mind and some form of assurance.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Depends on the discs. They may have come of a very low mileage bike or a bike belonging to a tart that had upgraded to waveys so under these circumstances I don't see why not. Obviously you need to be sensible and not buy any old rubbish.

busabob

RMS Regular
i just put a new set of wavey discs on my hayabusa £130 on ebay. so i must be a tart.
image3.JPG

Last edited:

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
OP
mx5 turbo
Drives
it hard
i just put a new set of wavey discs on my hayabusa £130 on ebay. so i must be a tart.

take it they are Chinese? I was thinking used originals would be better than Chinese, how do you find them?

busabob

RMS Regular
i took galfer wavey discs off as they were getting noisy and fitted these and there every bit as good,made in china sold in the uk. i have two sets of standard discs hanging on the garage wall just in case i need them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.