Write off queries- update further down

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Sorry to hear about this.
At least the Mrs is ok which is the main thing.
Insurers seem to always attempt a shaft in these situations, I reckon if you stand firm for the proper value they will give in.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Well, they phoned back today and offered a good amount!

The hunt begins...

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I reckon if you stand firm for the proper value they will give in.

Exactly, there are so many stupid people around that they can take ths piss out of who know no better. If you know what you're doing and aren't afraid of a bit of negotiation, you'll always come out better in the end.

Andy M

RMS Regular
The assessor phoned and offered ridiculous money which resulted in my wife getting raging, so he hung up.

Her solicitor told her she cAn take weeks to decide if she wants, is this true?

Surely by keeping the hire car longer and costing them more money it would b cheaper for them just to give what we want?

Not really to be honest Lyons. Is her solicitor not well versed in road traffic litigation and credit hire?

Plaintiff has a duty to mitigate their losses. By holding on to a hire car uneccesarily(sp) they are not and may result if the matter was to go before the courts in the full duration of hire not being recoverable. Payments can be accepted as an interim.

In saying that I wouldnt accept ridiculously stupid money for a car if you know its VALUE is a lot more.

Remember an insurance company doesnt look at how much the car is worth to you, and even at times how much it may cost for you to replace it, all they way look at is the pre accident value of the car to any random member of the public

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.