WSB 2019

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
JR still playing catchup to Alvaro again. 8o|
Its looking like it will be a good season, JR not having it so easy, I think he'll enjoy the challenge this year. (y):cool:
He was pushing really hard too...that duke has the power ...dont know whats up with davies tho ...

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
It's refreshing to see JR get a dose of what he's done to everyone else for 4 years.

Bautista played the tyre game to perfection.

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
It's refreshing to see JR get a dose of what he's done to everyone else for 4 years.

Bautista played the tyre game to perfection.
He done them 4 years because he had the bike and was a better rider, he,d have won a helluva lot more if he hadnt stayed with honda for so long in my opinion.
Nice to see a good challenge and closer racing im all for it.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
He done them 4 years because he had the bike and was a better rider, he,d have won a helluva lot more if he hadnt stayed with honda for so long in my opinion.
Nice to see a good challenge and closer racing im all for it.
Then Kawasaki tried a homologation special to get around the rules to stop them being dominant and a homologation special Duke ran away with the championship. :joy:

Here endeth 2019 :p

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
JR is riding well but there is nothing he can do when the duke is so much quicker. dose,nt look good for G irwin at the NW200 with seeley on the v4 duke.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Not so sure, Glenns been out testing and Seeley hasn't even got his own PBM bike yet (he's using Scotts training bike, which looked a bit second hand after a spill **The road 1200 not race 1000)

No doubt he will make it work though.

Last edited:

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
The Euro rounds are coming up, so will be interesting to see how the next few races pans out. An opportunity for JR to flex a bit ... possibly?

Hats off to Bautista and the Duc at this stage ... a good package for sure and it needs a decent pilot to ride the thing so it's not all down to the bike even though the bike is at the next level. But as previously discussed Kawk had it their own way for a bit so up to them to catch up now.

Next few rounds should be interesting. Heading to Assen for the 1st time this season to see WSB live.

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
The Euro rounds are coming up, so will be interesting to see how the next few races pans out. An opportunity for JR to flex a bit ... possibly?

Hats off to Bautista and the Duc at this stage ... a good package for sure and it needs a decent pilot to ride the thing so it's not all down to the bike even though the bike is at the next level. But as previously discussed Kawk had it their own way for a bit so up to them to catch up now.

Next few rounds should be interesting. Heading to Assen for the 1st time this season to see WSB live.
What a track to be going to spectate!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

I'm also heading over mate, you taking the bike? I'm riding over then doing the Ring afterwards.

Where you staying at?

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
hi

the original plan was to take the bike over yes!
HOWEVER I have a Euro road trip to do in a couple of weeks after Assen and i did not fancy doing the trip twice in quick succession.
I was able to get cheap flights with easyjet so hoping to train it down to Assen and have a night's stay in the dam prior to heading home on the monday
i am staying in the Bonte Weaver in Assesn ... it was a link on some circuit info page
as never been before just booked it in order to get accommodation sorted as there is not much time left between now and the event. and it seems close to the circuit.

should be interesting ... as i said first time ever at a race event other than the local road races

I'm also heading over mate, you taking the bike? I'm riding over then doing the Ring afterwards.

Where you staying at?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
hi

the original plan was to take the bike over yes!
HOWEVER I have a Euro road trip to do in a couple of weeks after Assen and i did not fancy doing the trip twice in quick succession.
I was able to get cheap flights with easyjet so hoping to train it down to Assen and have a night's stay in the dam prior to heading home on the monday
i am staying in the Bonte Weaver in Assesn ... it was a link on some circuit info page
as never been before just booked it in order to get accommodation sorted as there is not much time left between now and the event. and it seems close to the circuit.

should be interesting ... as i said first time ever at a race event other than the local road races

Happy days, had also looked at that hotel but got a good deal on one with secure parking just south of the circuit so went there instead. I'd say I'll be drinking in Assen though as seems to be a big street party there on Sunday after the race.

Have never been to the circuit before so looking forward to it now. Kawasaki were doing a hospitality thing so spending the 3 days with them in the pits, meet the riders etc, should be a bit different.

If you're on your own and fancy a beer or 10 give me a shout (y)

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
i just stay in the dam and get the train down. get your train ticket to assen after getting of the plane, about 2 hours on train. its a super event and you will enjoy it. i enjoy WSB more as there are a lot fewer people there. moto GP is really packed. you might see a few well-known faces mulling about the red light area after the races. beware of the space cakes and magic mushrooms though. enjoy

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Been to the dam quite a few times :grinning:

know all about space cakes etc
i just stay in the dam and get the train down. get your train ticket to assen after getting of the plane, about 2 hours on train. its a super event and you will enjoy it. i enjoy WSB more as there are a lot fewer people there. moto GP is really packed. you might see a few well-known faces mulling about the red light area after the races. beware of the space cakes and magic mushrooms though. enjoy

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
as i said did not waste time looking about. was getting nowhere with Airbnb in that area so opted for an hotel and this one popped up so booked it
we land on Friday and stay there until sunday then after the main event take the train up to the dam and spend an evening there

Never been either dude!
Yes doing the Kwak hospitality ... not the expensive one
So will see you there.
heading over with a mate so no doubt we'll meet up with you at some point ... I aint on the free beers package!!1 :grinning:

maybe see you then :grinning:

Happy days, had also looked at that hotel but got a good deal on one with secure parking just south of the circuit so went there instead. I'd say I'll be drinking in Assen though as seems to be a big street party there on Sunday after the race.

Have never been to the circuit before so looking forward to it now. Kawasaki were doing a hospitality thing so spending the 3 days with them in the pits, meet the riders etc, should be a bit different.

If you're on your own and fancy a beer or 10 give me a shout (y)

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Brilliant race 1 at Aragon, gutted for Norge on the last lap.
Kawasaki are going to have to find a bit more top end, or Alvaro will be unstoppable.

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
Brilliant race 1 at Aragon, gutted for Norge on the last lap.
Kawasaki are going to have to find a bit more top end, or Alvaro will be unstoppable.
More like it abit of good racing and battling, Bautista is on another level with the duke and Davies is progressing too ,wee johnnys going to get pushed this year for sure..lowes will think he lost out big time too..did laverty hit davies seen something (knee pad) fly up into air....And bsb just around the corner too :grinning:

dilligaf

RMS Regular
Drives
KIA SPORTAGE
Top Of The Town Bar in Antrim are doing a fanzone today for the WSB races, heading up with mates for a beer & a bit of craic...

BLS

RMS Regular
OP
BLS
Drives
bmw
Bautista though šŸ”„šŸ”„
Hes well clicked with the ducati , johnnys doing all he can with finishing 2nd 9 times behind him...roll on Assen what a track..im putting my money on a rea treble :p

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Hes well clicked with the ducati , johnnys doing all he can with finishing 2nd 9 times behind him...roll on Assen what a track..im putting my money on a rea treble :p
Yeah Assen might just bring the Kwaks back if Scott Smart gets the figures right, he will either make it or break it.... At this point in time I'm not sure which is which

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Doubtful if Smart and Dorna will be able to do much. The duc with a few hundred rpm shaved off ain't gonna have much impact. So far duc and butista is an excellent package. Now Davies is creeping into the mix.

I thought assen may be a turning point but I have my doubts. Rea might get closer, but the duc looks to have more in the tank. Certainly the ultimate combo at the moment and shows the class of the man riding the duc as painful as it is to say it.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
IMG_20190408_133837.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I heard Ducati were getting their revs reduced by 250rpm, and that Honda, BMW and Yamaha were the only manufacturers getting their upgrades