wud these lights pass mot

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
mate got these lights for his phase 1 306, its up for mot in 2-3 weeks, wud these lights pass mot, cause if they wont thers no point fitting them till after its mot'd

f3_1.jpg

82_1_b.jpg

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
should do ... angel eyes are the side lights
are they e marked ? ?

i would saythey should be spot on

mine goes through with my non e marked lights

Adam

RMS Regular
I wouldnt chance it for the sake of a couple of weeks. They may be bright enough but they might not point in the right direction etc.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
They are bound to pass as these lights come standard on BMW's

Tho jus check for the e-mark

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
these were bought from ebay - correct?

they will pass dependant on one thing - the man and dipped beam are in correct alignment - my wee bro got a set on ebay and wasn't able to adjust his beam, so didn't put them in - think the crowd are taking them back though....

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
indeed, if you must fit them, get the alignment sorted, if you can't be annoyed getting it done properly park up facing a wall, and adjust them that way.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
OP
Nordonian
what exactly has to be done with the allignment, do they just have to be the same level, or is there a standard level that they both must be at a height of

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Rik 106 said:
They are bound to pass as these lights come standard on BMW's

and theres me thinking they had the best designers and millions to spend developing cars :confounded: silly me!

Jason

RMS Regular
u cant fail on alignment, illegal lighting perhaps like neons etc yes but no not alignment.. i havnt seen a car yet that pass's that test

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
if your alignment is out, the chances are the lights are blinding other road users, and that is an mot failure.

Jason

RMS Regular
im tellin ya now sax its not a failure i promise!! corsa was about 60% off golf was 90% and they didnt fail me on them! same with my dad! no 100% way of getting them perfect without there machine!

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
MK3 Lad said:
im tellin ya now sax its not a failure i promise!! corsa was about 60% off golf was 90% and they didnt fail me on them! same with my dad! no 100% way of getting them perfect without there machine!
So why did suitor have to buy RHD lights for his LHD smart in order to pass?

They wouldnt test it if it wasnt a requirement!

Baz C

Banned
MK3 Lad said:
u cant fail on alignment, illegal lighting perhaps like neons etc yes but no not alignment.. i havnt seen a car yet that pass's that test

i've seen many a car pass it, :roll:

missy

we put cars through every day with Renault and they do all fail if you read the sheet - its cause most garages havent got the machine to set the lights to a high degree like the MOT machine. we just set the lights as best we can

big cyril

RMS Regular
My mates bm failed on light alignment , but he had fitted new lamps himself a few days before.

Jason

RMS Regular
missy said:
we put cars through every day with Renault and they do all fail if you read the sheet - its cause most garages havent got the machine to set the lights to a high degree like the MOT machine. we just set the lights as best we can
thank you! christ u'd think i was making it up for the craic ffs!! read the output sheets!

Nordonian

RMS Regular
OP
Nordonian
ok they cud fail on alignment, but anyone know know for definate if the angel eyes them selves are gonna fail it on mot

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.