Yamaha R6 5EB

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
So ive decided to get myself a toy for the summer (well sunny cold days we call summer)

Yamaha R6 5EB
FSH

Bike is pretty standard when i got it.
Few wee plans for it nothing major, will do me a year or so.
Photo at the Dealer who was selling it...
file.jpeg

Loaded up and shifted to my friends garage to store it for now as ive nowhere currently for it.

As you can see he has the same bike, mines on the right....
file1.jpeg

Bought a few things for it over the last week

LED Side lights
4200K LED bulbs
Rim Tape Yellow
Paddock Stand Front and Rear
R6 Bar Ends

file3.jpeg

file4.jpeg

file5.jpeg

file6.jpeg

file7.jpeg

file9.jpeg

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Nice one, chop a 1/3 off that pipe & add a seat cowl. Really freshens them up

Edit; has a seat cowl, just noticed

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
got some arrow style indicators for it, just need the adopters to put into the fairing

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Ebay (y) or make them? They're just wee light alloy plates with a hole in (8 of)

Last edited:

warren

RMS Photographer
Looks excellent. Youd recommend the LED headlight bulbs then? Is there much to change to get them to fit?

warren

RMS Photographer
Just wondering if you need to drill holes in the back of the lights / hide a ballast / modify the bulb clip etc like you do with the HID kits!

I know the LED doesnt have a ballast but do you need to modify any of the light or enclosure for them?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Should be plug n play as long at the bulb fitment is right (H4?) and theres a little space in the nose

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
It’s a tight fit, you can’t have the rubber covers on the back of the headlighy, but these are waterproof.

Friend put them in his and said it was like the 2nd coming of Jesus when he was going to work lol! Said it lit up the whole Henderson yard lol!

Il get some better photos of them in for you @warren

They are about £16.99 aswell

warren

RMS Photographer
Such intrigue.

I want rid of the yellow bulbs on the R1 just have never bothered because of all the faffing with the HIDs. Think ill go check what sort of clearance I have behind the bulbs with the back covers on the lights later.

My Tracer has factory LED headlights and they are just outstanding, so something similar on the R1 would be rather nice!

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@warren my bike is at my friends house on the monkstown road - your welcome to call and see for yourself if your about.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Had the exact same bike for years a while ago. Fantastic wee bike. Had mine in Europe touring several times and no issues with it at all. Wish I still had mine. I put a slightly bigger profile tyre on front off mine and raised the front guard up to suit with an ohlins steering damper and it helped the twitchy front end feeling a good bit. Health to enjoy

Attachments

• 20130806_211540.jpg
    20130806_211540.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 371

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@chrisQ my rear lights are different to yours and my friends whos is the same year as my bike....

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@chrisQ il get a photo of the rear lights on mine - i cannot find what year they from and mines defo 2001

chrisQ

RMS Regular
I'm near sure it was 2001 the LED tail lights came in, they had like an undertray aswell same colour as the bike below the seat, like a tail tidy. Mine was black along bottom of fairing aswell. I'll do some Googleing here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.