Yamaha R6 5EB

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Aye there's 2001 5EB's on eBay with the same lights as mine. Yours is maybe a 2000 model registered in 01 possibly

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@chrisQ haven't got a photo yet, but they are just two separate circles... not one cluster like the 2000

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@chrisQ

here is the photos

bike1.jpeg
bike2.jpeg
bike3.jpeg

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Never seen an r6 with tail end like that before, maybe an aftermarket item. Is your mates the same? 3 or 4 of my mates had 5EB's aswell and i Only ever seen a them with either the tail end like mine or the slightly older onds had an all in one style red taillight unit.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
One on left is the older type then one on the right like mine....thats the only lights I've usually seen in them to be honest

Attachments

• 2018-01-05-16-54-54-.jpg
    2018-01-05-16-54-54-.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 170

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@chrisQ his is the same as the one on the right.

we though it maybe a rep of an r1 rear - guy has bother parts for the bike but i havent had time to get them from him, maybe has the original r6

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Some photos of the new tail tidy installed with LED arrows and upgraded to the front
shorten leavers

Attachments

• Tail tidy1.jpg
    Tail tidy1.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Tail tidy2.jpg
    Tail tidy2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Tail tidy3.jpg
    Tail tidy3.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Tail tidy4.jpg
    Tail tidy4.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 140

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@big-lew18 lad see tbh i dont know much about them - i took my mate with me hes into his bikes and has an r6 aswell.
is it the one in portadown or something you going to look at?

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Yeah. Hoping to go see it if it's still there. I've friend that races and he just bought a 2016 r6. So hoping he's a bit of knowledge about them

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Without hi-jacking scuba's thread too much, have you 2 any advise? Pm me please to keep this thread spam free.
Might be useful for Steve too :grinning:

Ask about air filters, aftermarket filters can fvck the fuelling if it hasn't been rejetted and dynoed. The stock exhaust is on this so I doubt the filter is anything but standard, (pattern parts like Hi-Flo are fine)

Get on the front brakes and give the front end a good push, feeling for loose headstock bearings

Check condition of front calipers, they're great but need to be maintained well otherwise prone to sticky pistons (not a massive or expensive job to rebuild) Braided lines are a bonus as you may not know how old the stock rubber ones are

Usual servicing and general condition up close

Start it cold yourself, normally able to hear if there's any undesired engine noises at cold startup - sellers pre-warming engines could be indicative of hard/cold start/battery issues which leads to money.

Gearbox can be problematic into 2nd

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
So had a little issue with the bike a while back, clutch was slipping like mad... turns out it had the wrong oil in it. After my friends dad working away at it.. it’s like a totally new bike! Smoother and loves to be rev’d this week I’ve been using it for work aswell just to get more time on it lol!

I put one of my personal plates on the bike and it’s sitting nicely now.

Next plan is to get a smaller exhaust for it... around 200mm can.

But tonight was good weather me and my mate Curtis took the bikes a wee lap around town

Oh yeh everyone goes for the photo at titanic, but we changed from the massive sign at the front lol!

Attachments

• 93F380CA-0997-4550-8052-5BA85C4C2DCB.jpeg
    93F380CA-0997-4550-8052-5BA85C4C2DCB.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 113
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.