Z3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Decided it was about time I bought myself a new car so got this today :laughing: Its a 2000 2.8 with 65k and full service history...

Spec:
2000 2.8 M52TU with 65k
Full service history with all old MOTs and receipts
Titan Silver
Tanin Red Oregon leather with matching mats
Staggered 17" 5 spoke alloys
Electric hood
M leather steering wheel
Aircon
Heated electric mirrors
Hardtop fitting kit
Complete tool kit with warning triangle and first aid kit
Tonneau cover
Wind deflector with storage bag
Genuine BMW fitted indoor cover with storage bag

Mods:
Alpine 1004R multimedia headunit
Alpine KCA-420 iPod Adapter Kit
Shorter alloy gearknob
Clear side repeaters
De-tangoed front headlights
Stubby Citroen aerial
Richbrook carbon fibre TAX and MOT disc holders

W808VHJ_010.jpg

W808VHJ_011.jpg

W808VHJ_012.jpg

W808VHJ_013.jpg

W808VHJ_014.jpg

W808VHJ_015.jpg

W808VHJ_016.jpg

W808VHJ_017.jpg

W808VHJ_018.jpg

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Very nice indeed, the interior is amazing. Its so leathery, its like being inside Katy Perry's underpants. Must sound fantastic with the 2.8.

Quick?

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
All it neads is some clear indicators and Im going to stick my headunit in it but thats about it! Its too clean a car to start messing with! Maybe a wheel change at some point but not sure! Its no M powered car but it goes reasonably well in comparison to the Vectra...marginally quicker Id say :laughing: Much smoother drive but then theres no 19s or coilovers on it! Pulls effortlessly from about 30 in 5th! Was averaging 32 mpg from Coleraine to Belfast last night too :laughing:

Conzy

RMS Regular
You did notice it is not made by Vauxhall??!! Is this your first non VX car?

PeteJ

RMS Regular
Drives
A black 4x4
welcome to the german side MP.
looks very nice indeed.the interior is lovely! also im sure its very nippy with the 2.8
a chamge of wheels in the future is the only thing i would consider! maybe a gruppe M pipe?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Nice one, Marcus...looks very very clean! Lovely colour combo.

What wheels are you thinking of? The wheels on it are the nicest OEM wheels the Z3 ever came with (excluding the M), so I wouldn't be rushing to change them.

Must be a nice change to the big old Vectra!

Gavlar

RMS Regular
We used to have the 1.9 model, was quite nippy! I miss that interior :worried: lol

G Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
AI550 Evo IX GT
we have a 2.8 model lying in the garage in a carcoon with 3000mile on it...they are a nippy enough car might try get our's out for the summer lol!

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
Cheers guys! Great car for the money! First non Vauxhall Ive owned personally in 17 years tho the folks have had a good few Fords and Rovers...but thats best kept quiet :laughing: I thought about a VX220, S2000, Elise but they were all more than what I wanted to spend! The car will only do a few 1000 miles a year and the Z was the best compromise without the expense of an M3! As for wheels Im not sure but these do look smart...anyone know what they are???

1510689-1.jpg

Fox

Drives
320d
The interior is gorgeous, love it. was looking at a Z4 not long ago as a summer car but havent came across 1 I like enough to buy yet. Looks really clean. Nice example.

Jonny

RMS Regular
Cheers guys! Great car for the money! First non Vauxhall Ive owned personally in 17 years tho the folks have had a good few Fords and Rovers...but thats best kept quiet :laughing: I thought about a VX220, S2000, Elise but they were all more than what I wanted to spend! The car will only do a few 1000 miles a year and the Z was the best compromise without the expense of an M3! As for wheels Im not sure but these do look smart...anyone know what they are???

1510689-1.jpg

Racing dynamics rd2's marcus, lovely rims :grinning:

health to enjoy

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Nice car man. Always had a soft spot for these...

Is she easy to step it out in the corners?

As for best wheels?...

18" M Parallel's

;)

24922600018_large.jpg

Attachments

• bmw_m_parallel_1.jpg
    bmw_m_parallel_1.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 220

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Very nice, bet you'll have the top down plenty to listen to the straight 6! Glorious! :grinning:

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
The Alpinas are a bit too spokey for me :laughing: M Parallels would be a great choice or maybe Schnitzer Type IIIs...

6246670085_large.jpg

Tylor

RMS Regular
Drives
vectra sri
health to enjoy marcus! where did the gsi veccy go then??

awesome wee motor and i'd say it'd look well cruisin about the prom!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
What is THAT to the left of the engine bay!?!?! Some sort of missile launcher?!?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.