Z3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
Well Ive had the car over 2 months now and so far its gone about 400 miles :worried: but its here to stay for a long time so I dont mind. I think the cars going to need a set of Eibach springs and staggered 18" BBS CH eventually :laughing:

m1.jpg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
That looks brilliant Marcus with the CH's...

Get it done...and get more miles on that thing, 400 in 2 months?! Useless!!!

PeteJ

RMS Regular
Drives
A black 4x4
its because he is too busy sitting in vip lounges, get out and get her driven!
CH's will be awesome on it mate.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
A few evenings last week were spent fixing a slighty worn drivers seat...took my time and did it right...for the measly sum of under £16 :laughing:

Before...some deep creases and a small hole starting in the leather...

W808VHJ_055.jpg

W808VHJ_056.jpg

During...hole patched and filler being applied...

W808VHJ_059.jpg

After...

W808VHJ_063.jpg

W808VHJ_064.jpg

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes

pablo

RMS Moderator
jesus mate some results. will the glue/filler not come away in time as the leather is stretched etc?

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
Its not supposed to but I suppose only time will tell...apparently is more likely to wear through somewhere else first before the filler gives way as long as its applied in thin layers and allowed to dry properly between each :laughing:

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
Its very simple to do if anyone else wants to repair theirs...just take your time

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Nice work ... like night and day those pictures well done!

CH's look brillant on the Z's definately a good choice!

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
Got some free time one evening last week so decided I would pop my headlights in the oven...yes...THE OVEN :laughing: and the end result...detangoed headlights :laughing:

W808VHJ_069.jpg

W808VHJ_70.jpg

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
Good man, lights look great

Get the kidneys done dark now!

Dark grilles and later Sport mesh for the bumper next I think...then springs and wheels...then an M54 inlet manifold swap for a bit more power. Apparently the 2.8 was limited to 193bhp due to the 194bhp insurance restrictions in Germany...a simple inlet swap with the M54 and a spacer for the throttle body puts power up to around 220-230 :laughing:

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
Got a few new bits for the car at Crimbo and got round to fitting them on Friday...black grilles, stonechip guards and LED sidelight and rear plate light bulbs. New pressed UK font plates turned up yesterday in the post so will get them fitted tomorrow along with the rear plate holder.

Rfg

RMS Regular
looking very well!!! the leather repair is brilliant!! nice one.

G Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
AI550 Evo IX GT
brillant job on the leather repiar (y)

this thread is making me wana get my dads 2.8 Z3 out and mod it with CSL's etc...its 12-13 yr old with 3300mile on it lol :oops:

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
OP
marcusplowman
Drives
Yes
I got some new goodies for Crimbo and got round to fitting them this week...LED sidelight and number plate light bulbs, black grilles, stonechip guards, UK font pressed plates and a rear plate surround! Also got a new battery in so apart from a passenger door that wont unlock Bob is back to full health :laughing:

W808VHJ_081.jpg

W808VHJ_082.jpg

W808VHJ_083.jpg

W808VHJ_085.jpg

W808VHJ_080.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.