Z3M Coupe

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Oh wow that came out really well! Bet your pleased it was worth it in the end! :grinning: You've been a busy bee last week lol.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Fantastic car, lovely job on the paint from AG. Seen one online for £60k the other day, a sound investment.

@Woodcutter did you ever own one of these? :laughing:

giphy.gif

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Think I saw this yesterday morning on the Bangor to Belfast carriageway, possibly you heading to Built. Looked great. (y)

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Fantastic car, lovely job on the paint from AG. Seen one online for £60k the other day, a sound investment.

@Woodcutter did you ever own one of these? :laughing:
The £60k ones are the later ones with the S54 engine from the e46 M3. I think Woodcutter had an S54! Mines the earlier S50 engine from the e36 evo, still going up in value though.

DISASTRA

RMS Regular
Drives
F87/E46
Had a wee look around her yesterday, whilst talking to Aidan, what a wonderful car! Fair play.

Did have a look out for you @Jonny but had to run then. It was a cool show!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I've been depressing my mate that lives in Bermuda at the minute by showing him this.

Him and his dad bought an identical one between them as a weekend toy/investment (they are both accountants lol)

Theirs broke their hearts with I think subframe and engine issues. They sold it for a loss, the fools!

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
The £60k ones are the later ones with the S54 engine from the e46 M3. I think Woodcutter had an S54! Mines the earlier S50 engine from the e36 evo, still going up in value though.

Of course he did lol. Never the less that should help drag the value of yours up as well. Fella local to me also has a silver one tucked away.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I've been depressing my mate that lives in Bermuda at the minute by showing him this.

Him and his dad bought an identical one between them as a weekend toy/investment (they are both accountants lol)

Theirs broke their hearts with I think subframe and engine issues. They sold it for a loss, the fools!

We've all been there. Add up all I've spent and I'm sure I wouldn't make a profit if I sold it tomorrow. Though hopefully prices will keep going up!

I thought mine had the infamous subframe problem but it turned out to be just squeaky polybushes. Though I still fitted the Randy Forbes strengthening kit so it never happens in the future. I never really hear of too many engine problems apart from Vanos trouble. Luckily the previous owner had mine rebuilt by Mr Vanos in England.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
We've all been there. Add up all I've spent and I'm sure I wouldn't make a profit if I sold it tomorrow. Though hopefully prices will keep going up!

I thought mine had the infamous subframe problem but it turned out to be just squeaky polybushes. Though I still fitted the Randy Forbes strengthening kit so it never happens in the future. I never really hear of too many engine problems apart from Vanos trouble. Luckily the previous owner had mine rebuilt by Mr Vanos in England.

Theirs had the vanos issue fixed also, it was an oil gallery problem or something. It wasn't something that was usual for them.

This is the only picture I can find of his that I still have :-(

IMG_1865.JPG

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Outstanding car is a real credit to you and fair play for taking it on great to see one being rescued.

Wish I had have got up to Built to look at it

Hows the E39 coming along?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Outstanding car is a real credit to you and fair play for taking it on great to see one being rescued.

Wish I had have got up to Built to look at it

Hows the E39 coming along?

Thanks!
The e39 is coming along slowly! It’s been at Car Clinique since June. And it’s still not been MOT’d!
It’s had a full major service. Also it had a missfire from an oil in the spark plugs. Just a gasket needed changed. Then I had to get the headlights rebuilt because the adjusters where snapped. Wills wheels in Dungannon did them for me.
Then when everything was finally ready to go, Reece removed the Japanese toll road reader, and now the car won’t start.
Something to do with being wired into the immobiliser and now it needs a new module. Apparently 2 weeks for a new one from BMW?

Luckily my wee brother is travelling at the minute so I’m driving his Fiesta as my daily while he’s away.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Only 4 years since the last update :joy:

Since the last update I've had the engine bay repainted, had a few mechanical issues sorted, replaced the shift pins in the gearbox which improved the feel, had it ceramic coated. The car is now looking and driving great.
Plan is to enjoy it for a bit at the start of the summer and then sell it in July/August. Theres a Silverstone Auction at the end of August so I'm thinking it should do well there.
Still love the car, part of me really wants to keep it, though I have the urge to try something new.

At the weekend @Reno_LV took some great pictures of the car along with the Forester. So I'll add a few here for you all to enjoy.
676E75D0-4BC1-49CC-BF2D-BFB1D917914D.jpeg
9BF2AE09-0E70-458F-BDAA-0B0CEB632FA1.jpeg
3A5F0D27-AB99-49A7-873E-6E18E7C6AA37.jpeg
6706F703-B59F-4CBF-8528-18BD2C5ABB4C.jpeg
62FE0241-3E3E-4D4E-A7D9-8DFB5BAE6FDF.jpeg
CBC2ED14-9014-4116-B60A-235BF53C72DA.jpeg
F5A8FFD3-BB59-4944-9377-B1C763809271.jpeg
ADD4737D-4B28-4631-9EB8-85C1D18D915C.jpeg
F1D5E90E-B71D-4071-A330-847EC0A9D7E3.jpeg

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
swap for a 911? :p

I would be tempted, though I already have something ordered which should arrive in September.
I do think you should sell the 911 and buy this though. At least then I’ll still get to see it now and again. 😂

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Looks great. These are big money now arnt they ?

I would still be tempted by a convertible as cheaper but under the impression you can’t keep the rust off these ?

Yours looks awesome

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Looks great. These are big money now arnt they ?

I would still be tempted by a convertible as cheaper but under the impression you can’t keep the rust off these ?

Yours looks awesome

Mine had rusty sills before it was repainted. Though I don’t think they have a particularly bad reputation for rust, I think I was just unlucky. All the panels are removable so it was easy to totally rust proof when it being was being painted.

71FEBB1C-C622-4A24-86BB-90744531AB64.jpeg
B666B670-2CBB-4C61-B5AE-9A441FFAC7AA.jpeg

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
The red and black interior with silver looks great, you’ll get some interest come sale time !