Z4 M Coupe

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Lol, can imagine it would be a bit of a handful. Get some proper snow tyres for it and you will be laughing though :grinning: Tyres make a huge difference in snow/ice/slush and mush.

Is it sitting outside like that for long periods? I got a carcoon for the Lotus, keeps it perfectly nice and dry throughout the winter and frees up garage space for the Audi. Great if it is sitting for a while, too much hassle for everyday though. Carcoon Storage Systems International LTD - Carcoon Products , see outdoor carcoon, halfway down the page.

An air chamber is great for everyday use, keeps the car dry in winter, but really only works indoors: Air Chamber | Indoor Car & Motorcycle Storage | FREE UK Delivery

Yeah the car is parked up outside all the time...not bothered about a car cover tbh, it is used too often to warrant one.

I have the work donkey for this weather, and it hasn't let me down yet! :p

Jason

RMS Regular
I'd love one of them carcoon things but tbh think id feel like a plank! Could understand if it's a Ferrari or something lol

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
I don't get the whole carcoon thing, I cannot get my head around how someone can spend hard earned cash on a car and not use it as it was intended. We're all wired differently though, so horses for 3 course dinner and all that.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
i think they are a good idea, i was going to invest in one, but opted for a high quality car cover instead. cover would be easy to throw over after a spin rather than setting this thing up time and time again (as i plan to drive the car)

+1, Woodcutter, dont see the sense in a 'garage queen' ... buy it DRIVE IT

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I don't get the whole carcoon thing, I cannot get my head around how someone can spend hard earned cash on a car and not use it as it was intended. We're all wired differently though, so horses for 3 course dinner and all that.

Lol, no worries :grinning: I use the carcoon in winter for the Lotus, it basically goes into hibernation between November and February. A throw over cover does not work in winter, collects too much condensation.

"In season" I throw a cover over, enough to keep it dry in the warmer part of the year and saves having it exposed to the elements all the time.

And she does get driven, lol :cool:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
just spotted this thread now g.

Very slick mate - i like a lot (y)

Thanks, Dave.

Had the car out this weekend to head up to the Port, covered about 250 miles since Friday and I have to say it is one of the best cars I have ever owned...I love it, much more than I was expecting to.

It loves hanging the tail out too! :innocent:

Z4A

RMS Regular
Drives
E89 Z4 35iS
Just seen this thread to.

Great car you have there.

Seriously looked at one a while back but was tempted away by the E89.

Would love one for a track toy.

pinto200

RMS Regular
Woodcutter, i tried to pm you there, could you clear some space in your inbox, cheers.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Graeme asked if id take some pics for him yesterday. I was very happy to oblige. :grinning:

Lovely Lovely Car. And the interior is immense.

If you like these pics - Mark Louden Photography | Facebook

5400868928_e0cb2f4ed6_o.jpg

5400869236_a3d62df22a_o.jpg

5400869634_15d0043267_o.jpg

5400869906_b5f559fca7_o.jpg

5400271225_6917dcb32d_o.jpg

5400870524_c0be033a73_o.jpg

5400870904_271d71ddc1_o.jpg

5400272147_41202da582_o.jpg

5400871468_ab02e18c3f_o.jpg

5400871710_f4669cdd9e_o.jpg

5400272923_5dd43e5571_o.jpg

5400273161_80483c89e5_o.jpg

Jonny

RMS Regular
absolutely stunning :laughing: :laughing:

great pictures too mark

ps i want a go next week.....

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
love this wee car, must get a look around it some day graham! ill drop you a text this week about plans for sat night :grinning:

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
Outstanding.

I've a real soft spot for these... Which goes against my jap bloodlines :p

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Great pics, Mark...cheers for doing them for me. (y)

mcmullet - don't know what you're on about, my car is always clean! :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.