Ze Germans Are Coming! E46 330d

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Seeing as my Corsa is off the road for the time being... http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/t...erpump-replacement.175579/page-2#post-2594168

Picked this up last night - got it off a fella from my office who recently replaced it with a Megane 225 (y)

My first German whip and I forgot how much fun all that TurboDiesel torque could be and this thing pulls like a train! More economic than the Corsa too (y)

159k with Full service history

Needs decent alloys (MV2s ) and the back arches looked at but with a years MOT she'll do for a while at least 8-|

10277913_870168653016509_5746393707441317590_n.jpg

10300265_870168679683173_5477261010959466882_n.jpg

10846145_870168706349837_4264617455183690769_n.jpg
15857_870168813016493_7447376445566657252_n.jpg
:innocent:

Last edited:

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
haha must have some cars about you now mate.

Looks good!

Three....

Im turning into you :p

Cant decide whether to sort arches, new alloys or winter tyres first.

Winter rubber is probably most sensible for a front heavy RWD in winter TBH...

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Three is fairly decent, I thought you had more than that.

Get the winter rubber on to those wheels and go from there.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Three is fairly decent, I thought you had more than that.

Get the winter rubber on to those wheels and go from there.

We have the Isuzu as well but technically thats mother's :p

Then the Volvo is still lying at my mates yard getting a bit mouldy lol if I could get a team together id love to scally rally it :p

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Only 3? you've a bit of catching up to do yet! :party:

Smart move getting a rwd BMW for the winter, in saying that I did exactly the same move too but from a fwd fiesta to a rwd 1er!
Its been fun so far to say the least lol, only way to learn is to do it!

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Smart move getting a rwd BMW for the winter, in saying that I did exactly the same move too but from a fwd fiesta to a rwd 1er!
Its been fun so far to say the least lol, only way to learn is to do it!

Thats what he said...

snow-car_ends_up_on_its_nose_following_snow_crash.jpg

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Lol great turf burner lol
Not so great when there's a foot of snow ha ha

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
the car needs nothing Davy, just wash it and fuel it and don't waste yer dough on paint! ;)

Health to drive - I enjoyed my brief foray into BMW driving

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Just booked in for my safety recall for pass airbag .... wonder if theyll try and hit me for anything else :p

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Just booked in for my safety recall for pass airbag .... wonder if theyll try and hit me for anything else :p

Did you get another letter or just ring them?
I got a letter yesterday but it said to wait To I get a second letter a stock was low.
Prob leave it to the new year Now anyway. If they hit me for anything else they be told where to go lol

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Did you get another letter or just ring them?
I got a letter yesterday but it said to wait To I get a second letter a stock was low.
Prob leave it to the new year Now anyway. If they hit me for anything else they be told where to go lol

Fella I bought it off handed me the letter with the tax book lol

Just rang Bavarian and asked they change keeper details on their file and to get me sorted asap - should be a few weeks she said. The sooner you get your name down the sooner its done IMO

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Wee update already

Only had the car a few days but last night was the first time my gf has tried to get in with me .... only door that opens is the driver door and the boot. The others dont open with fob, keyhole or even from inside lol

Apparently a common fault with E46 and their "GM5" module. Anyway a fella by the name of William Saunderson (anyone know him) is going to call out with me next week hopefully for an at home diagnostic (y)

Should be an easy fix me hopes 8-|

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
You can buy a BMW specific fault code reader/ coding software and cable for £28 delivered.
I have it but haven't got it working yet. (More due to my computer illiteracy than any fault with the item itself)

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
You can fix the gm5 module yourself I fixed mine! Two relays fail you can get them off eBay and solder them in yourself handy enough if you have good soldering iron! They do but a later of stuff over the board take it off with thinners then desoler the relays and replace woh new ones.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
You can fix the gm5 module yourself I fixed mine! Two relays fail you can get them off eBay and solder them in yourself handy enough if you have good soldering iron! They do but a later of stuff over the board take it off with thinners then desoler the relays and replace woh new ones.

I don't have any of the equipment though :worried:

Wouldn't trust myself not to make a mess either lol could cost me more

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
You can buy a BMW specific fault code reader/ coding software and cable for £28 delivered.
I have it but haven't got it working yet. (More due to my computer illiteracy than any fault with the item itself)

What about if you need to code something in? Keys or a new module itself?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.