Ze Germans Are Coming! E46 330d

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Yeah itl do that as well.
It involves coding so I haven't even thought about doing it as I am useless with computers.
I just bought it to read/ reset fault codes to start with.

EDIT; What year is that car as it might have two diagnostic ports?

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Yeah itl do that as well.
It involves coding so I haven't even thought about doing it as I am useless with computers.
I just bought it to read/ reset fault codes to start with.

EDIT; What year is that car as it might have two diagnostic ports?

2001?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Hard to know if it does or not.
Mine doesn't have one and its 2002.
The early ones definitely had it, check for a round plug in the engine bay, think it is near the drivers wiper in the bay.

jessy

RMS Regular
Same letter came through my door. All e46's, rightly said stock is low and said wait until January.
Mines garaged & covered so will be waiting until then anyway.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Wee update already

Only had the car a few days but last night was the first time my gf has tried to get in with me .... only door that opens is the driver door and the boot. The others dont open with fob, keyhole or even from inside lol

Apparently a common fault with E46 and their "GM5" module. Anyway a fella by the name of William Saunderson (anyone know him) is going to call out with me next week hopefully for an at home diagnostic (y)

Should be an easy fix me hopes 8-|

Booked this fella to call out to the house tomorrow for a full diagnostic and he is going to bring a working module with him in case thats the problem so he can fit it there and then and code in.

£45 call out & diagnostic
£80 for module fitted if required

Saves me fiddling about in the dark after a hectic day in the office and should hopefully see me sorted for Xmas so Im not picking my granny up Xmas eve and throwing her in the boot (y)

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Discovered late last night that water appears to be getting inside the driver door... couldnt get the door card completely off as I couldnt be assed to go find all my bits at midnight but I let the fella whos calling out today know so maybe itll be an easy fix.

Between this leak, my Corsa leaking through the bulkhead and my GTi leaking through the aerial hole in the roof Ive had enough! lol

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Just got a call from the fella and apparently all fixed but just one of my keys is ones it way out (battery goosed)

Cant wait to get home later to play with the central locking now! :laughing:

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Central locking works (y)

But now the boot open light on the dash stays on (n) lol

From what I've read this should be either a sensor or split wire which I should be able to sort myself :grinning:

colin84

RMS Regular
They usually split in the flexi pipe between the car and the bootlid. Could be that.

As for the key, there are a load of guides on the web about how to replace the battery. Save you buying a new key.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Soldering iron ordered today so when it arrives I'll give the wires a go - providing that's the problem. Will check it out maybe on boxing day if I get a chance.

Going to have a look for a key battery here now too

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I might have a battery in the gaff that I never got around to replacing, will get a look for you.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I hope you dont end up with a key fob like mine where the old owner just superglued the thing together.
Pity he didnt put an everlasting battery in it before he did it!

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
New genuine bonnet badge ordered as the current one is looking a bit wrecked :worried:

Should arrive in early January and ill get a few days off work to sort it and a few other niggles :grinning:

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
In for a wheel alignment/balance today with @KERR'S TYRES

Engine mounts next (y)

Replacement front badge should arrive in time to fit this weekend too :grinning:

Also, anyone know wheres best to get replacement rear quarter panels?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Try CC automotive armagh, they are on here somewhere from memory, should be able to help or point you in the right direction

Any joy on wheels?

j44nty

RMS Regular
Geezer on eBay fixed my gm5 for 50 quid but you probably have it sorted now. Will hoke out his username if anybody wants it. Dash on mine lit up like a Christmas tree I blacked out all bulbs and 4 years later everything is going strong. Only real issue I had with mine are window regulators and abs/speed sensors. I like the mk1 the best mv1, s are a better original choice wheel. Good luck

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
OP
davey-dimples
Drives
E90 330D
Geezer on eBay fixed my gm5 for 50 quid but you probably have it sorted now. Will hoke out his username if anybody wants it. Dash on mine lit up like a Christmas tree I blacked out all bulbs and 4 years later everything is going strong. Only real issue I had with mine are window regulators and abs/speed sensors. I like the mk1 the best mv1, s are a better original choice wheel. Good luck

Yeah sorted but would be handy to have the link

£120 all in including a replacement model (2nd hand) and call out to my house from Larne so about 20miles away and the day before Xmas eve too IIRC

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.