Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Would you mind telling me what is required for your clio setup? Much difference over standard?

As Neil said it's from a guy in Poland who designed and made up this kit. They've went up inprice twice now since I've bought mine but if I was upgrading then it would be for calipers like AP, Ksport etc. Something that you can get two piece rotors for basically

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
As Neil said it's from a guy in Poland who designed and made up this kit. They've went up inprice twice now since I've bought mine but if I was upgrading then it would be for calipers like AP, Ksport etc. Something that you can get two piece rotors for basically

Why so batman if you don't mind me asking? As the AP's are roughly twice the price.

I believe you can get DBA two piece discs for the 350z though? From memory they aren't full floating discs though.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Why so batman if you don't mind me asking? As the AP's are roughly twice the price.

I believe you can get DBA two piece discs for the 350z though? From memory they aren't full floating discs though.

Think his prices now are over £600 delivered, there's very little room for the discs between the calipers, 28mm disc would be perfect. 30mm discs like he sells with them leave around 1mm if that between disc and caliper.
You can use setups for around 1k which give you the option of running two piece setup and 356mm options too!

I run the solid DBA T3 discs which cost around £330 delivered but I had to get them skimmed after 4/5 track days which helped the vibrating.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Think his prices now are over £600 delivered, there's very little room for the discs between the calipers, 28mm disc would be perfect. 30mm discs like he sells with them leave around 1mm if that between disc and caliper.
You can use setups for around 1k which give you the option of running two piece setup and 356mm options too!

I run the solid DBA T3 discs which cost around £330 delivered but I had to get them skimmed after 4/5 track days which helped the vibrating.

Cheers dude, I noticed your issues on one of the Civic forums.

Then the StopTech option is there as with the APs you mentioned earlier...

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Cheers dude, I noticed your issues on one of the Civic forums.

Then the StopTech option is there as with the APs you mentioned earlier...

Honestly between them two I'd be going for AP's any day of the week. But that's racing setup not the trackday once a month lol but if your hard on brakes then standards will suffer

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Honestly between them two I'd be going for AP's any day of the week. But that's racing setup not the trackday once a month lol but if your hard on brakes then standards will suffer

Famous last words here... But I doubt I will go too deep with the car :grinning:. A fast road / club sport spec would be ideal.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Famous last words here... But I doubt I will go too deep with the car :grinning:. A fast road / club sport spec would be ideal.

I can tell you exactly what parts to use and tyres to get these cars working round kirkistown lol like you say it all depends how far you go with it.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
I can tell you exactly what parts to use and tyres to get these cars working round kirkistown lol like you say it all depends how far you go with it.

That would be awesome, cheers!

I'll get the first track day out of the way first and go from there :grinning:

AndyG

RMS Regular
Drive it yourself and make your own mind up, everyone's different and a lot of its personal preference.. I try not to read what others do and work stuff out myself different people like their cars set up certain wars and all that

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Drive it yourself and make your own mind up, everyone's different and a lot of its personal preference.. I try not to read what others do and work stuff out myself different people like their cars set up certain wars and all that

I'll certainly do that to a point. I don't want to get too deep into the car money wise...

But when I pass the point of basic upgrades, then I'll be hounding quite a few people.

But I do wan't to keep it club sport esque and have is only semi stripped / half cage etc.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Entirely top secret... It involved leaking lubrication and Black Friday sales :party:

I've a few parcels due, but may try to get a decent update over the weekend.

PhilM

RMS Regular
If you want to sprint in roadgoing

Keep the interior intact and tyres road legal

If purely trackdays then do whatever you fancy lol used btcc slicks will be cheapest probably.

Phil

hippyross

RMS Regular
Entirely top secret... It involved leaking lubrication and Black Friday sales :party:

I've a few parcels due, but may try to get a decent update over the weekend.

Lol only back Friday stuff I bought was for my road car, the aerodeck only gets second hand parts lol

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
If you want to sprint in roadgoing

Keep the interior intact and tyres road legal

If purely trackdays then do whatever you fancy lol used btcc slicks will be cheapest probably.

Phil

Cheers Phil.

I'll be doing things in stages anyway to see how it goes :grinning:.

Lol only back Friday stuff I bought was for my road car, the aerodeck only gets second hand parts lol

In honesty I was waiting for quite a few parts to be reduced. Most went up in price before the sales :worried:.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Also do any EP3 owners run any replacement shifter assembly's?

My own is a little sloppy due to wear and tear. I'm looking at OE or Revo (reports about it breaking).

Any feedback is welcome :grinning:.

AndyG

RMS Regular
OE shifter is a let down in ep3s, shifter bushings and tegiwa short shifter tightens it up a good bit

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
OE shifter is a let down in ep3s, shifter bushings and tegiwa short shifter tightens it up a good bit

Cheers Andy it sure is.

I have shifter bushings waiting to go in. But the actual plastic ball wears, hence I'm looking at sorting the assembly.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Cheers Andy it sure is.

I have shifter bushings waiting to go in. But the actual plastic ball wears, hence I'm looking at sorting the assembly.

I changed the springs in the box to tighen things up, though I'd replaced mine to a DC5 setup. Ep3 setup is balls regardless

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
I changed the springs in the box to tighen things up, though I'd replaced mine to a DC5 setup. Ep3 setup is balls regardless

That it is sir. I do remember you showing me your set-up. Not sure I want to go that extreme, yet :laughing:.

Revo seems to break and the OE seems to wear. I wonder if regular greasing will help the wear?

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
That it is sir. I do remember you showing me your set-up. Not sure I want to go that extreme, yet :laughing:.

Revo seems to break and the OE seems to wear. I wonder if regular greasing will help the wear?

It's just the design pal. Short shifter and stronger springs in the box should be ok(y)

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
It's just the design pal. Short shifter and stronger springs in the box should be ok(y)

Cheers batman. I'm just dubious if the part is worn, there is no point in stressing it all with harder bushes?!?

Was there not someone selling a shifter setup on here?

Yea, you can get the Revo shifters brand new for the same price. I appreciate he does says ONO.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Cheers batman. I'm just dubious if the part is worn, there is no point in stressing it all with harder bushes?!?

You can buy oem assembly's or buddyclub do one I believe but fit stronger springs in the box along with the short shifter and it's a nice improvement.

jamiemcburney

RMS Member
Drives
ep3
Cheers batman, I haven't heard any negative comments on the clockwise baffles at all. I'll see what I can find.

Clip cup callipers, the adapter and a 350z front disc with a hub spigot. Projekt-k or something is the name :grinning: of the guy if you google it.

I run a clockwise baffled sump and my dipstick would catch. I bent the tip of the stick slightly so it passes the baffle, seen others cut a bit of the end of the dip stick.
As for brakes check out godspeed brakes they are developing a brembo 4 pot bbk and hopefully an ap racing 6pot bbk for the ep3 over the next few months.