Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
I run a clockwise baffled sump and my dipstick would catch. I bent the tip of the stick slightly so it passes the baffle, seen others cut a bit of the end of the dip stick.
As for brakes check out godspeed brakes they are developing a brembo 4 pot bbk and hopefully an ap racing 6pot bbk for the ep3 over the next few months.

Cheers Jamie.

I've read the dipstick needs a tweak to allow the baffle to fit. Nothing OTT though.

Good news on another brake supplier. That could be very useful.

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Cheers batman. I'm just dubious if the part is worn, there is no point in stressing it all with harder bushes?!?

Yea, you can get the Revo shifters brand new for the same price. I appreciate he does says ONO.
No need for new shifter, what I recommend you do is buy a set of mtec race springs and pivot ball kit, itr-dc5.club do them as a group buy. Then you want a set of new billet shifter cable bushes, I'm running this setup and it's got no play and piles of feedback. The mtec springs go into the actual shifter mech on the box, you get road ones aswell but I like the stiff feeling the race ones have and the new ball mech for the actual shifter inside is a massive improvement on the sloppy play in the shifter itself, the new item is slightly bigger than oem I recommend try this as it's cheap and in my dc5 it's a night and day difference and my car hasn't big miles

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
No need for new shifter, what I recommend you do is buy a set of mtec race springs and pivot ball kit, itr-dc5.club do them as a group buy. Then you want a set of new billet shifter cable bushes, I'm running this setup and it's got no play and piles of feedback. The mtec springs go into the actual shifter mech on the box, you get road ones aswell but I like the stiff feeling the race ones have and the new ball mech for the actual shifter inside is a massive improvement on the sloppy play in the shifter itself, the new item is slightly bigger than oem I recommend try this as it's cheap and in my dc5 it's a night and day difference and my car hasn't big miles

Ta very much, it didn't register that's what @Delboy23 was saying.

I've just had a quick google on the springs, they look like they are worth it.

I'll check out the pivot ball kit, as that's where my main issue is :grinning:

Google here I come!

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Time for a little update.

The car was leaking oil, though not badly, from the chain area. I incorrectly thought it was coming from the head area, but AI Autosport clocked it as a crank seal leaking. In record time Jonny fitted the new crank seal and no leaks :laughing:.

The timing of the Black Friday sales couldn't have been better.

New OE thermostat.

20161129_125625.jpg

The accelerator pedal was squeaking, so it was greased along with the throttle cable. No more squeaks.

20161129_172941.jpg

Gaskets! Spool valve at the back of the head, IACV and throttle body.

20161130_172803.jpg

Clockwise Motion sump baffle. I'm tempted to mount this on the wall, it's a work of art.

20161205_114953.jpg

Tegiwa Rear camber arms, these are meant to be Hard Race items, but they are painted black now, so who knows...

20161205_115221.jpg

OE rocker cover gasket kit. As per usual the OE paint is flaking off the rocker cover. Along with some shifter bushings.

20161205_115346.jpg

Tie rods and an HEL clutch line.

20161207_194800.jpg

A spare air-box arrived.

20161207_195102.jpg

Then it went under the knife, literally. Baffles / resonator being removed.

My aim will be to clean it up a little further, improve the OE airfeed (it points to the side of the pasenger headlight. Let's see how much of a waste of time this is :p.

20161210_144205.jpg

20161210_144558.jpg

20161210_144604.jpg

I'm still waiting on a few parts to arrive :grinning:.

hippyross

RMS Regular
That's the Hondata airbox mod if I'm not mistaken I had one done to my ep3 with an itg filter didn't sound as good as the gruppe m but was worth the deal.

Did you get that clutch line on the deal.the other day :laughing:?

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
That's the Hondata airbox mod if I'm not mistaken I had one done to my ep3 with an itg filter didn't sound as good as the gruppe m but was worth the deal.

Did you get that clutch line on the deal.the other day :laughing:?

It sure is sir. I believe it's still very quiet compared to any option that replaces the OE air-box. However it costs buttons compared to the millions of the Gruppe M. :laughing:

I missed out on the deal actually, but wasn't far off the price due to a Black Friday deal :grinning:. The clutch hose is pretty cheap anyway.

hippyross

RMS Regular
Yeah it's supposed to be a good cheap mod.

I got some hel brakes and clutch line for my daily and some for the aerodeck, I couldn't pass it up.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Yeah it's supposed to be a good cheap mod.

I got some hel brakes and clutch line for my daily and some for the aerodeck, I couldn't pass it up.

I did notice the deal on here, but it was tool late for the brake lines :mad:.

Most of the other bits and bobs were bought at good prices so all is good :grinning:.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Nice big boys toys :laughing:.

I'd struggle to buy from H-Tune again. I had a flywheel and shifter bushings ordered with them, they cancelled the order as supposed they were out of stock. A few minutes later they were on their website for more money and in stock, just a refund, no apology of note :mad:.

Tegiwa all the way!

hippyross

RMS Regular
Nice big boys toys :laughing:.

I'd struggle to buy from H-Tune again. I had a flywheel and shifter bushings ordered with them, they cancelled the order as supposed they were out of stock. A few minutes later they were on their website for more money and in stock, just a refund, no apology of note :mad:.

Tegiwa all the way!

The only problem I find with them is two week postage, the first order I placed ended up arriving like two weeks later with a tewiga invoice in the box but they are always cheaper than tewiga that's why I put up with their two week delivery, they obviously just order it from the supplier I'd say America and then post it from their store in England.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
The only problem I find with them is two week postage, the first order I placed ended up arriving like two weeks later with a tewiga invoice in the box but they are always cheaper than tewiga that's why I put up with their two week delivery, they obviously just order it from the supplier I'd say America and then post it from their store in England.

Don't forget the massive discount code for Tegiwa FORUM25 :p

hippyross

RMS Regular
Don't forget the massive discount code for Tegiwa FORUM25 :p
I forgot that lol but I only buy when the deals are on, so hopefully saved something :rolleyes:

Edit I had to go check that code and I saved more with htune :cool:

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Never had an issue with H-Tune

Even buy my OEM Honda stuff through them now as they are cheaper than Donnelly's.

Surprised to hear issues, although they do try and stick to minimal stock levels, but I think they are still getting their heads round the 1000% growth they have had in the past 2 years.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Ta for the replies folks.

I'm aware Tegiwa have an "interesting" reputation... However the vast majority of the stuff I have bought has been from them, with zero issues.

The H-Tune issue was a disaster and fairly dishonest on their part. But hey nothing life threatening.

I've also found Donnelly's were actually pretty good price wise. I went in with a shopping list with prices from several other companies. They could beat each and every part price, from random nuts and bolts to larger items.