991.2 GT3 Clubsport

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Just thought I'd share a few pics of this. Scroll on down for pics if you want to save the waffle.

Back in 2009 myself and @KeithRobinson made a trip to the Ring and I was blown away by all the 997 GT3 / RS cars on and around the track; at this point I had never even seen one before and it just made an instant imprint on me that would prove impossible to shift. On subsequent trips I couldn't wait to see more of them and although they were nowhere near my reach at that time, I just couldn't shift the idea that one day, maybe...

...and here we are. Having been watching them for well over a year, the search began in earnest at the end of this summer, with a clear agenda: it had to be a 991, a Gen 2 with the 4.0 engine, and above all else it HAD to be manual. It also would ideally have low miles, with a healthy options list covering all the big ticket items. Thankfully my own circumstances coincided with a gradual easing of prices and although manual cars were proving hard to come across, I could see their PDK counterparts dropping little by little as every week went by.

And then last Friday, having only been advertised online for 10 minutes, I spotted something that ticked pretty much all the boxes. I was on the Porsche Approved site, and with my usual "Manual" filter selected and sorted by Most Recent, it just jumped at me. I quickly scanned down the spec - Clubsport, manual, white with black wheels, ceramic brakes, front axle lift, PDLS headlights, 918 carbon buckets, carbon interior trim, leather dash and steering column, reversing cam, Bose, and astonishingly.... only 270 miles on the clock.

I called up Porsche Mayfair and bid them a decent chunk below the asking price, not expecting that to be well received, and 2 minutes later got a call back to say that my offer would be accepted. They would also be giving the car a full service as it had been in storage for 6 years, they would fit four new tyres and give it a ceramic coating. The only caveat, it had to happen before month end which was in just a few days time. I immediately accepted and within an hour the deposit was down and paperwork sorted.

Only Friday my wife and I took a flight out of City of Derry and gazed down on the sub zero temps below. Wonderful!

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-01 at 08.31.32.jpeg

45 mins on the tube from Heathrow had us in Piccadilly right beside the showroom, and we walked in off the street to be greeted by this :cool:

IMG_2042.jpeg

It's a pretty mad setup, they only do sales so no service or parts department. All the cars are prepped at Porsche GB in Reading and they have several lorries a day bringing cars for handovers at Mayfair. Pretty small showroom but amazingly the highest turnover sales team in the Group of 5 dealerships, which make up Porsche Cars GB, a wholly owned subsidiary of Stuttgart.

Anyway after all the formalities we were finally on our way 😁

IMG_2051.jpeg

Managed to stop off for a pint of milk on the way home.. didn't get to meet the farmer though unfortunately!

IMG_2077.jpeg

Made it to Liverpool and then onwards in sub zero temps over the Glenshane..

IMG_2082.jpeg

IMG_2090.jpeg

Once home it was time to get all the road crap and salt removed. This meant taking the wheels off and the centre locks, which was a bit of an education. Thankfully I had @KeithRobinson today who kept me right, I would have been beat without his assistance and gigantic torque wrench to get them on again at 600nm. Anachem to the rescue, and salt be gone!

IMG_2103.jpeg

IMG_2115.jpeg

e062682f-ebad-4850-9a5d-ed7e215a2b10.jpg

b861da3d-ba3d-4f5a-8a63-62210ad4d103.jpg

IMG_2116.jpeg

It got dark so managed a few pics and then stored away into winter hibernation. Hope to get plenty of miles put on her next year and make some special memories. I've already more than doubled the mileage just getting it home!

IMG_2144.jpeg

IMG_2146.jpeg

IMG_2107.jpeg

IMG_2148.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg

IMG_2142.jpeg

IMG_2143.jpeg

IMG_2151.jpeg

IMG_2153.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Unreal Rob. That's a cracker. Can only imagine what it was like bringing it home (and thinking about all that salt lol). HTD!

RevT

RMS Regular
Beautiful! I’d love one myself but would need to win the lotto at this stage I think. 😂

jferg

RMS Regular
Gorgeous car and great spec

Hope you get it out again soon and start enjoying it 👌👌

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Absolutely tremendous, I bet you were absolutely buzzing getting that beauty home, congrats! 😍

That garage is stunning too. 👏🏻

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
That’s how to do it.

Looks fantastic, enjoy every moment.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That's life goals right there! Incredible car, garage looks great also!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Stunning, you must have some will power.

The need to go out and drive it must be unreal.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Superb Rob, looking forward to getting a Mow in this :heart_eyes:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Well that is absolutely epic! The white is stunning! Health to enjoy (y)