a-kem automotive

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I wouldn’t use anything other than a dedicated soft top cleaner, all the major detailing companies have a dedicated cleaner in their range.

It’s very easy to damage the roof, you need to use a soft brush as well and clean it in parallel strokes following the direction of the fabric.
CitraClean has been formulated to safely clean fabric especially like a soft top roof

A lot of the major detailing companies sell more products than is strictly necessary

I offer a smaller but more diverse range as I’d rather prove that you don’t need 101 different products

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
CitraClean has been formulated to safely clean fabric especially like a soft top roof

A lot of the major detailing companies sell more products than is strictly necessary

I offer a smaller but more diverse range as I’d rather prove that you don’t need 101 different products

If that’s the case great, but not all multi purpose or APCs will be the same.

davyk31

RMS Regular
The tyres on one of my cars have turned really brown after a run yesterday for whatever reason. Did rinse it down when I came home, sprayed the tyres with Cleanse as I normally do and also sprayed with Gyeon tyre cleaner but neither seem to have done a lot. As it wasn’t a full wash I didn’t agitate or brush the tyres which I will do when I wash but did give them a good power wash! wondered which A Kem product is best to use? My Cleanse I normally I use mixed about 3 to 1 but if Cleanse is the best maybe I try it neat?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
You did right with cleanse but agitating them would have been better - i would normally wipe the tyre with tar/glue remover too once the tyre is dry to get off residual dirt and old gel, usually brings them back to how you bought them

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Same here, neat Cleanse and that's it. Never needed anything else, not even this time of year.

Basically if Cleanse won't shift it then there's something else going on... The brown this time of year is usually just dirt and grime and should come off just fine.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Totally agree with the comments on Cleanse, does its job so well. Really is a great wheel/tyre cleaner. By far the best I have used to date.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Thanks guys.

Yep, cleanse neat on tyres should make the brown run off lovely.

As @Boydie says if for some strange reason it’s not lifting it a spray down and scrub with Tarminator (or any other tar and glue) should get rid of anything else

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I'm looking to do a wee order soon and was hoping to add the 5 litres of Soft Wash. Any idea when it might come back in? :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I thought you were meant to avoid getting Cleanse on the tyres?! I’m always careful just to spray the wheels!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Nooo, it's the whole point of it 😇

Wheels, anything rubber (try it on mats!), exhaust tips, wheel archers, underneath. Just magic.

You can use it on the whole car as well when it's really bad in winter. Or mix Lazer into Articulate. Obviously will strip waxes if that's what you use, but fine on my coated cars. Everything literally just runs off.

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
@Big Pimp, do you do anything else for exterior blacks, I bought trim for the daughters c1 but it washes off very quick in the rain maybe it's intended for interior more.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
@Big Pimp, do you do anything else for exterior blacks, I bought trim for the daughters c1 but it washes off very quick in the rain maybe it's intended for interior more.
Trim x is more for outside, I’m assuming that isn’t what you used.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Trim and Trim X are very different products. For exterior trim then it's Trim X you want.

20201107_124709.jpg

20201107_125607.jpg

IMG_2020-11-07_17-24-22.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Trim is similar to 99% of all trim products. Great for a quick spruce-up inside and out and works on any hard surface, "soft touch" plastics, rubber, pretty much anything. It's really good as a cleaner inside too, or shining up the engine bay (degrease first), etc. Like all of these types of products they do wash off after a couple of weeks, less at this time of year.

Trim-X is like G-Technic C4. Completely different product, specifically designed for bringing back old faded hard plastics. There is a knack for using them but they really do last a year or so when applied properly, and with the right prep.

Reactions: crx

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I’ve asked previous to this, not sure trim x is available

I used up my test bottle and it’s incredible

Reactions: crx