After Drag 6th

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

S_Gault

RMS Regular
because its still a mini and uses a rover subframe arrangment and mini hubs etc.

Its times will improve once jason brings it back to me to dial a few things out of suspension

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
S_Gault said:
because its still a mini and uses a rover subframe arrangment and mini hubs etc.

Its times will improve once jason brings it back to me to dial a few things out of suspension

badly worded:oops:

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I thought mid 13s from a fwd car including reaction times counted as a proper rocket mself lol......going to be scary to see what itll do after mr gault is finished with it :scream:

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
S_Gault said:
and its taxed and motd

Its still a poor excuse for a road car which is why i thought it would be in the specials catagory.IE a striped out, caged,honda powered mini which lets face it isnt exactly a road car.It really makes little odds to me what class its in but i do find it unfair to the likes of the nova turbo which is a true road car not to be getting the trophy in these circumstances.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
scrob said:
I thought mid 13s from a fwd car including reaction times counted as a proper rocket mself lol......going to be scary to see what itll do after mr gault is finished with it :scream:

I didnt mean it like that but in my mind with no weight at all and the vtec i for some reason thought it would have been pretty much uncatchable :cool:

Excuse the bad description in the previous post:-#

S_Gault

RMS Regular
its actually much heavier than you think, (i had it on corner weights).

its about 200kg heavier than my race car.

but ok.. its not exactly a road car in the true sense of word. i take your point

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
@ AF1
Jason's car is as extreme as road cars get but, quite honestly, so is yours. If it was a pure racer it would actually be a fair bit quicker (weight saving). Maybe then it would be classed as a special. (Check out S_Gault's avatar for an example of a special)

For comparison, consider a super charged 'vette engined Ford. Now THAT'S a road car that's also a little bit special.;)

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
SideWaysWayne said:
@ AF1
Jason's car is as extreme as road cars get but, quite honestly, so is yours. If it was a pure racer it would actually be a fair bit quicker (weight saving). Maybe then it would be classed as a special. (Check out S_Gault's avatar for an example of a special)

For comparison, consider a super charged 'vette engined Ford. Now THAT'S a road car that's also a little bit special.;)

Ahh but the difference is i have full interior,my radio'my aircon etc etc etc which the granada also has,both ours and Neills subarus are road cars in the true sense of the word.It doesnt affect me as i have already stated i just think its unfair on the others there.
And before anyone points out my wife is in the fwd class she has more chance of falling off niagra falls than winning it so it isnt biased.:cool:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
the integra is a fast FWD car, no doubt but kinda makes you wonder whats the point when the vtec mini is a full 2 secs quicker!
the mini is running the quarter in similar times to a standard R34! that mental!

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
Actually, he could have raced in the 1600 class but I bumped him up a class because of the performance of the car.

The Diesel, 1600, Fwd, Rwd and 4wd classes are unlimited. If there were enough vtec Minis I'd have a class just for them but you can't just penalise a guy cause he's fast when he fulfills the rest of the criteria.
EG: The 330d blasted the rest of the class and that's that. He's the winner, not the villain.

Seriously though, I'll give it some thought to see if I can come up with a solution that'll keep everyone happy. One thing you should all know by now, I DO take the opinions of you guys on board. Leave it with me;)

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
im not being a whinge! but the mini is approaching jap supercar performance...lol
if he's legitimately in the right class then he deserves to be there! no doubt!

is he running the B16 or B16 vtec?

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
Remember everyone complaining about roll cages? This is my brother Peter after rolling the car 3 times in the Sports Hatch Final. You may notice by the roof line, the driver compartment is un-compromised, driver is un-hurt. I rest my case.
(y)
DSCF1496_JPG.jpg

http://www.sideways-racing.com/events/060805/images/DSCF1496_JPG.jpg

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
SideWaysWayne said:
Actually, he could have raced in the 1600 class but I bumped him up a class because of the performance of the car.

Y did you bump him up,he has kept his cc etc hasnt he so y should he have to be competing against bigger cc just because his is well tuned?

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
afaik the "light weight class" is for standard engine cars. keith himself agreed it would be no fun competing against them, just unfortunate he has little chance against cars in the <1600 class .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.