ANPR Cameras in Northern Ireland debate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I'm surprised they are all standing ok,lol.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of them burn't down by now. The old Car tyre over them doused in High Octane.

Or they well up out of the road?

they are still standing because they are being brought in on the quiet.

Havent you noticed the hundreds of threads here "what are these cameras ?"

If they were to publically announce they were installing thousands of cameras to track everyones movements, things might be different.
I'm actually surprised the likes of Sinn Fein arent going nuts about them

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Maybe 'they' got him. And by 'they', I mean those mysterious forces he believes are at work.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
padlock-1.jpg

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
As law abiding citizens who tax and insure your vehicles, keep them road worthy and keep within the laws of the road, your civil liberty's and freedoms are still being breached with these new spy cameras.

What the police dont tell you is that your every movement through one is kept on a police database for several years even though you are completely innocent. That data can be used to track every journey you have made in the past (between 2-5 years)

Big Brother is Watching Anti ANPR Camera Campaign Northern Ireland.

:party:

Forget all that mate, check this out.

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/car-chat/147342-just-watch-folks-clamping-drive-ways.html

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
They be clamping and stealing everyones cars, so nobody can drive past their stupid cameras !!

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Do you really think I read the Guardian ? lol

Daily Sport maybe...but that's about it

Did no one tell you stevie, The daily sport went bankrupt :sob:

On topic tho, I believe that the advantages that ANPR cameras bring are worth the disavantages,
In that im doing nothing wrong to they can hold my numberplate info for 5 years, doesnt affect my freedom and liberties

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Orwell I hope you don't have an iphone or ipad

BBC News - iPhone tracks users' movements

He may very well do.

But it is still all part of big brother tracking you, that we don't like.

We like our gadgets to make life handy, but would prefer a little freedom with it.

An Iphone even though you can be tracked with it, you'll still get benefits from it, like making calls. texting, Your not going to stop and make a call from an ANPR camera.

Then when your up to badness, take battery and sim out of phone, to disable any such tracking or listening in.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
An Iphone even though you can be tracked with it, you'll still get benefits from it, like making calls. texting, Your not going to stop and make a call from an ANPR camera.

An iphone wont hit you head-on at 60mph, driving while banned and with no insurance :p

You will get far better benifits from ANPR than making a phonecall, as site cops have already posted in this thread

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
An iphone wont hit you head-on at 60mph, driving while banned and with no insurance :p

You will get far better benifits from ANPR than making a phonecall, as site cops have already posted in this thread

It might do. But no amount of cameras will stop that from happening anyway.

If someone chooses to do it, they'll just do it.

And actually no, making a phonecall would yield better results.

If people were to lift the phone and tell the cops what they know. There would be more stolen cars recovered. There would be more murderers and bombers etc put in jail ( even if they do let them back out again )
People do know where real criminals are and what they have done, including some of our politicians.

But they dont tell, that's the problem. ( Although the response after some do tell can be another issue altogether )

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I saw that.

He was asked some logical, sensible and civilised questions on here (repeatedly, I may add) and failed to answer any of them in any kind of satisfactory manner ........... and now appears to have abandoned this forum due to the lack of interest, or perhaps the line of questioning didn't agree with him.

In any event, I don't hold out high hopes for his 'campaign' if he can't even handle questions from a car enthusiast forum, never mind those people higher up who really know how to squeeze someone like him.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
if your car is legal then you have nothing to hide, i dont see the problem. Arent these normally outside police stations anyway?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
if your car is legal then you have nothing to hide, i dont see the problem. Arent these normally outside police stations anyway?

Quite a few more than that. Even this cant detail the amount of them and you can bet there is a hell of a lot more than marked up here

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
As stated many times already, if you are legal and up-to-date with insurance, tax etc... then why worry??

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Sweet Jebus, I thought for a second there that he had run out of tinfoil and was back.

If he had answered the (very simple) questions asked he would maybe have coverted some people. Even if he does convince half of NI that ANPR is baad mmmkay, the cameras are still gonna be there.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I read the posts he's submitting on that total-ni forum and he's considering buying a "loover" to avoid numberplate recognition by cameras situated above the roads but they allow the plates to still be seen at eye level

Stop Photo Radar License Plate Cover

anyone ever seen or bought one of these??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.