Anyone a solicitor on here?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
There are quite a few differences that would rule out it being a kitted SE, none more so than what it says on the tax book so thats not and never was an issue.
Clearly the dealer saved some money by fitting a replica kit which tbh I would have queried on viewing but never the less they didn't make this clear at time of sale. Now it seems they had to do a bodge job in order to get the kit to fit which has caused damage to the rear bumper, which is to be expected stuffing wood in there !

If the dealer is willing to put right then fair play I would go with that. Personally I would have preferred the proper wheels too but trying to get them now at this stage is a bitter pill I think you will have to swallow really, not worth risking the bumper fix over

Does this sound right ?
You have got it spot on, the voice of reason at last.

He's apparently giving me wheels of a Sport F30... A Sport F30 sits under the M Sport F30 in the model range. A Sport F30 is a glorified SE, with a few added bits.

Think the wheels are 17 inch, not the ones for my car so I'll most likely just sell them.

I'm taking them for a quiet life.

Last edited:

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Sorry mate but this picture was taken on the 10th of june and i can clearly see creases in the reflection on your bumper ????

20E7AB0D-EE92-433C-A201-F118A2294703_zps8f2x65ix.jpg
You are quite right, when I zoomed in there. They have got a lot more noticeable since though

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I think M Performance is the AMG/S Series of BMW, whereas M Sport is like AMG Line and S Line.
You're half right. The proper M cars, like your M3/M4 etc. would be the AMG/RS equivalent

O.C.D

RMS Regular
You are quite right, when I zoomed in there. They have got a lot more noticeable since though
But this was only three days after you got the car ( or started the thread on the 7th june ) so how you as a car enthusiast missed them when viewing the car is a mystery.....maybe the glasses you were giving to @G N K you should have used yourself 8-| LOL.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
But this was only three days after you got the car ( or started the thread on the 7th june ) so how you as a car enthusiast missed them when viewing the car is a mystery.....maybe the glasses you were giving to @G N K you should have used yourself 8-| LOL.
Seems like Rocko needs them too :p

Not quite sure how I missed them, I guess I wasn't looking out for such a thing.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Not having a dig here, as I was the same as @Rocko and couldn't grasp all this m sport/m sport performance stuff. So basically if I get this right, there are 4 spec levels? SE, M sport, M performance, then M? So your car is an M sport with M performance diffuser fitted over the factory diffuser? But to make it fit because its a rep part, the bumper had to be stretched? And now your car is getting an m performance rear bumper? Is that different (apart from the diffuser obviously) to the m sport bumper?

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Not having a dig here, as I was the same as @Rocko and couldn't grasp all this m sport/m sport performance stuff. So basically if I get this right, there are 4 spec levels? SE, M sport, M performance, then M? So your car is an M sport with M performance diffuser fitted over the factory diffuser? But to make it fit because its a rep part, the bumper had to be stretched? And now your car is getting an m performance rear bumper? Is that different (apart from the diffuser obviously) to the m sport bumper?
In the F30 there are 4 trim models

In order of price, lowest to highest.

SE
Luxury
Sport
M Sport

M division cars like M3/M4 are a whole different breed, they are called F80/F82 respectively. These sit way above the F30 cars.

If you would like to make your M Sport F30 a little fancier you can factory order the car with the add on M Performance kit, BMW will charge you about £2500 for the privellege.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi

SE
Luxury
Sport
M Sport

M division cars like M3/M4 are a whole different breed, they are called F80/F82 respectively. These sit way above the F30 cars.

If you would like to make your M Sport F30 a little fancier you can factory order the car with the add on M Performance kit, BMW will charge you about £2500 for the privellege.

Ahh I get you now. Either way car looks well, great colour

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip

SE
Luxury
Sport
M Sport

You know what they say though, pay right or pay twice.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
This might help folk out to see the bulges in the bumper were the wood blocks are pushing against the inside of the bumper...

D2E04AFC-3A27-4361-9658-FE8218F225BA_zpslynmejnt.jpg

FEB585B2-EE18-448F-95B0-3E9FC93DE0A8_zpsvetwua6j.jpg

D62D44C6-FC01-448F-B990-9E170467F5A2_zpsop1e9r0w.jpg

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Thank god I changed that English reg lol looked awful

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
On two counts that is **** Azza.

I'd be pissed off myself but how did you not notice the creases? (perhaps this has been answered already?) If they weren't there previously, why have they suddenly appeared?

Surely a 90min drive would be worth it, rather than a shouting match down the phone?

I think you've kinda exposed your whole hand in one go here and now have no way of stepping back down. It's doubtful that you will get a new bumper and could end up with the £1400 bill (or keeping it as it is).

As for the wheels...I wouldn't have collected the car unless they were in the boot already.

Essentially its your word against his and if you have no proof or prior agreement its difficult to see how the situation will be resolved to your satisfaction. Try phoning back and apologising for being a wabb on the phone, and explain that you are just upset by the whole situation but want to find an amicable way to resolve it. Have your facts straight and don't deviate from these - your opinion or his opinion doesn't really matter unless it can be proven.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Do you know what happened with the original M sport diffuser?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
You're half right. The proper M cars, like your M3/M4 etc. would be the AMG/RS equivalent
Dont confuse the Bangorian any more than he is already !

I think everyone is being a little unforgiving on how this wasn't spotted when doing the deal. Lets be honest, sometimes when looking at a new car we do so with rose tinted glasses to a degree. 9 times out of 10 when you first see it your heart says you want it and then its a case of doing your best to ensure all is as its supposed to be and its very easy to miss things.
Brennan's thread has been up for a while and its only now when the bumper has came to a head that suddenly people can see it in pictures posted a while ago, how come not then ???

At the end of the day its a minor issue really and when buying a secondhand car if the seller trying to save a few quid on jazzing it up a little was all anyone had to worry about the world would be a better place. The seller has said he will put right and thats a result and I personally would be happy with that.

Its a beautiful car and hopefully this is rectified and you can get back to enjoying it Brennan !

Last edited:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
God only knows, he probably threw it away or sold it

Thinking realistically I'd imagine the original was missing or damaged, so replace it with a decent replica. Tidy up the car, and keep spend down so the margin is greater.

I take it that there is other M Performance stuff on the car, is it also fake?

Have you had the bumper removed and the work inspected? Thats the 1st thing i'd have done.

As for not being spotted at the time, i'm sure it wasnt that way when it left the body shop. Someone probaly has gently backed in to the car at some point and creased the bumper for you making the damage appear.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Dont confuse the Bangorian any more than he is already !

I think everyone is being a little unforgiving on how this wasn't spotted when doing the deal. Lets be honest, sometimes when looking at a new car we do so with rose tinted glasses to a degree. 9 times out of 10 when you first see it your heart says you want it and then its a case of doing your best to ensure all is as its supped to be and its very easy to miss things.
Brennan's thread has been up for a while and its only now when the bumper has came to a head that suddenly people can see it in pictures posted a while ago, how come not then ???

At the end of the day its a minor issue really and when buying a secondhand car if the seller trying to save a few quid on jazzing it up a little was all anyone had to worry about the world would be a better place. The seller has said he will put right and thats a result and I personally would be happy with that.

Its a beautiful car and hopefully this is rectified and you can get back to enjoying it Brennan !
Perfect post to sum it all up, couldn't have wrote that better. Thanks man

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.