Anyone a solicitor on here?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Thinking realistically I'd imagine the original was missing or damaged, so replace it with a decent replica. Tidy up the car, and keep spend down so the margin is greater.

I take it that there is other M Performance stuff on the car, is it also fake?

Have you had the bumper removed and the work inspected? Thats the 1st thing i'd have done.

As for not being spotted at the time, i'm sure it wasnt that way when it left the body shop. Someone probaly has gently backed in to the car at some point and creased the bumper for you making the damage appear.
I have double checked and there are no paint marks on my bumper, so unlikely anyone has tapped into the back of me.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
That actually looks pretty bad when you look for it.

Was just thinking how obvious it is once you know it's there lol

Wouldn't worry Brennan, despite all the jibes and smart hole comments, not all of us are master scrutineers when it comes to buying a car. I'm sure we've all bought something and noticed something down the line that we didn't spot the first time round. There's so many things to think about and check for... I know I'd certainly never even consider this sort of thing would happen.

If the dealer is sorting it then that's fair enough. You've done well to get him to agree to that.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I think everyone is being a little unforgiving on how this wasn't spotted when doing the deal. Lets be honest, sometimes when looking at a new car we do so with rose tinted glasses to a degree. 9 times out of 10 when you first see it your heart says you want it and then its a case of doing your best to ensure all is as its supposed to be and its very easy to miss things.

This is so true and I fall victim too it all the time.

Think I look at a car really well and see all that is needed bit end up missing a few things.

But if I go look at a car for a mate/family then I will see and point out loads of wee things that I'd miss if it was for myself.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
This is so true and I fall victim too it all the time.

Think I look at a car really well and see all that is needed bit end up missing a few things.

But if I go look at a car for a mate/family then I will see and point out loads of wee things that I'd miss if it was for myself.

I bought a 4x4 that was 2WD. The P.O had pulled a shaft and I stupidly didnt notice. Actually so did @Lyons as I recall lol

Just one of those things really. Scratch it down to experience and move on (and check for it next time - it was the first thing I checked on the Jimny lol!!)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I bought a 4x4 that was 2WD. The P.O had pulled a shaft and I stupidly didnt notice. Actually so did @Lyons as I recall lol

Just one of those things really. Scratch it down to experience and move on (and check for it next time - it was the first thing I checked on the Jimny lol!!)

I got £120 back though, which was 10% of the cars value!

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
The Audi club needs you, you are my successor :p
I couldn't fill the boots

giphy.gif

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

LOL, least my P38 was 4x4, nothing hidden that wasn't age related. Was sold as seen and cheap with not mot.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
LOL, least my P38 was 4x4, nothing hidden that wasn't age related. Was sold as seen and cheap with not mot.

I lifted a 4.0 XJ Cherokee in London with a 'full MOT', got it home and went to stick the mud terrains on it and noticed the floor pan was clean rotten, like a cheese grater. Which I guess was handy for draining because I sunk it in a pond a few days later to half way up the windows lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I lifted a 4.0 XJ Cherokee in London with a 'full MOT', got it home and went to stick the mud terrains on it and noticed the floor pan was clean rotten, like a cheese grater. Which I guess was handy for draining because I sunk it in a pond a few days later to half way up the windows lol

There's a reason to everything lol

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Maybe the cat was marking its territory all along from the birds nesting in the bumper?;)

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Dont confuse the Bangorian any more than he is already !

I think everyone is being a little unforgiving on how this wasn't spotted when doing the deal. Lets be honest, sometimes when looking at a new car we do so with rose tinted glasses to a degree. 9 times out of 10 when you first see it your heart says you want it and then its a case of doing your best to ensure all is as its supposed to be and its very easy to miss things.
Brennan's thread has been up for a while and its only now when the bumper has came to a head that suddenly people can see it in pictures posted a while ago, how come not then ???

At the end of the day its a minor issue really and when buying a secondhand car if the seller trying to save a few quid on jazzing it up a little was all anyone had to worry about the world would be a better place. The seller has said he will put right and thats a result and I personally would be happy with that.

Its a beautiful car and hopefully this is rectified and you can get back to enjoying it Brennan !
As your quoting the pics i posted above and wondering why i didn't post them back when brennan put up his original thread...well that's simple ive no interest in BMW's so flicked through the original thread then remembering he had posted a lot of pics i went back to see was the problem with the bumper so obvious ,come to think of it there are folk on RMS that would rate themselves a lot more knowledgeable on BM's than i am so im surprised none of them spotted it !!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.