Blow drying

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bronk

RMS Regular
ive a hoover that blows as well as suction.. was only about Ā£20 from screw fix

C4L

RMS Regular
surely get a hoover that also blows (as above) substantially cheaper than that?

but go for it (y) there's always one dribble or run left when going just drying towel, might get one myself!

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I'd imagine it'd be great for blowing water out of door shuts but give it plenty of thought if you're looking to quickly dry the whole car.

I've a Black Baron but it takes so long to dry the car that I went back to towel drying and some Last Touch. I've probably used mine three or four times in the last two years or so. I also found it also throws out warm air after a while and leaves some dry spots on the car.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
@Boydie I have one here that I am more than happy to let you "try before you buy"

The Sidekick Blaster is not ideal for drying a full car, better to pat dry then use the SB to blow out the awkward shut lines and water retention areas, and also the wheels and tyres

Jet9

RMS Regular
Should have got an Audi TT - they come with one of these apparently.
images

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Id say a used compressor and a air line would be a better job, with the option of it being useful for a pile of other things "tinkering" related

mousey

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline R33 GTST
I would normally take it out for a spin after drying it and let the air blowing over the car blow off any water, then just dry off any water runs, works ok

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
So in that case, they're not supposed to be looked after?

I've always looked after my cars. Washed, dried, waxed at times...most importantly they get the best oily bits. That's what looking after a car means to me

PJD

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 420d M-Sport
I've always looked after my cars. Washed, dried, waxed at times...most importantly they get the best oily bits. That's what looking after a car means to me

That's fair enough, and I agree with you in saying that servicing a car is more important than keeping it clean, but some people (including myself) just like to go that extra bit when it comes to maintenance. Each to their own and all that.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Why is blow drying a car so unbelievable?

I just find it bizarre that someone would blow dry a car. It's one thing keeping it clean and drying before a coat of wax, but to any normal person you'd look mental standing blow drying a car! I personally think it's a step too far.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I dunno about you but I couldn't give a toss what anyone thinks lol. I dont think I could look any more mental to the neighbours anyway :p

Run the air duster out to the car and its dry in 2 minutes and no annoying drippy bits getting in my polish! Plus its better for the paint and requires zero effort! I use it to dry loads of stuff including the mountain bike and its used to dust the interior and all:grinning:

Its the lazy boys chamois lol

PJD

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 420d M-Sport
I just find it bizarre that someone would blow dry a car. It's one thing keeping it clean and drying before a coat of wax, but to any normal person you'd look mental standing blow drying a car! I personally think it's a step too far.

I understand what you mean, but the main reason for drying a car is to prevent water marks and streaks after washing. The safest way to dry a car is by blow drying it with compressed air or a dryer like Ollie posted above. Blow drying is also useful for blowing water out of panel gaps etc.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
No one ever get their car blow dried in a car wash before?? Been around for years lads.

Nothing more annoying IMO when you spend a few hours cleaning your car, go for a drive then water spurts all over the place from crevices and gaps. A very worth while tool IMO.

@feck_on_a_stick (most annoying name to tag EVAR!) would you sell the baron?

Cheers @brocks, may take you up on that offer some weekend you're free for a trial.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.