Blow drying

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Surely you're not going to be able to blow water out of all crevices? I thought it would just have been for taking the surface water off.

I honestly don't know how you all have the patience to spend so much time cleaning, waxing etc. I hate it!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Surely you're not going to be able to blow water out of all crevices? I thought it would just have been for taking the surface water off.

I honestly don't know how you all have the patience to spend so much time cleaning, waxing etc. I hate it!

Not sure about the hand held stuff but with the compressor you can blow the water off the car from about 6ft away and out of all the crevices, etc no problem. It takes 2 minutes to dry it as opposed to 20 minutes with a cloth. I do it mainly because I'm lazy and I can stand chugging a beer at the same time.

Suggesting that air drying the car is somehow taking away from maintaining a FSH seems a slightly ludicrous argument unless of course you prefer to change the oil after washing the car at the weekend instead of drying it :confounded:

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Nothing more annoying IMO when you spend a few hours cleaning your car, go for a drive then water spurts all over the place from crevices and gaps. A very worth while tool IMO.

Agreed!

I have been using a Petrol Leaf Blower for about 10yrs and it has countless advantages. Drying time is most definitely halved, water marks are non-existent and as Boydie said, when you do take it for a drive, the water doesn't run from the Mirrors, Lights, Grilles, etc.

I would buy a Leaf Blower and at least it can be used for more than 1 application.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
i have been using a wee cheap Lidl mains powered paint sprayer without the spray nossle gun on it, same one as the below pic, works a treat to get the water out of the crevices. nothing more annoying than polishing/waxing a car and water comes out of crevices and gets your buffing cloth wet! pain in the jam roll.

paint-sprayer-pro.png

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I like the idea of these, my neighbours already think I'm bonkers and tell me iv the cleanest car in the area (sadly that makes me happy) the one Pete uses is a good job.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Having watched Pete dry my car with that thing of his I'd just go buy a cheap compressor.

Same job, infact better as the pressure will actually get rid of the water, ten times faster, you don't have to stand for an hour waving a thick pipe at your car, 2 mins and you're done with a compressor.

I've watched Pete with his hairdryer thing and its painful.

Plus with a compressor you can do hundreds of other things, neighbours won't look at you like you lost your mind, and I would dare say it's a lot more efficient on electricity.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I'd dried cars with fresh LSP using a hair dryer before, as @big_pete said something without or not fresh would be trickier. Personally I'd put the money towards a compressor at least it has multiple uses.

PS Big Pete didn't realise you were at Kirkistown on Sunday would have liked to have had a yarn with you if had known.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
We were admiring the m3, if there had been a passenger seat I would have been asking for a run out, you were fast!

I was out in @svensktoppen lotus. He is trying to convince me to build a track car lol

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
We were admiring the m3, if there had been a passenger seat I would have been asking for a run out, you were fast!

I was out in @svensktoppen lotus. He is trying to convince me to build a track car lol

He's on about getting a passenger seat so maybe next time if your about! It drives really well and is good fun. You should do it, it's a bug, would like to build my own as well.

Dave

RMS Regular
I've an air duster wired in the cab for the dash and blowing the crumbs off after lunch.

As for blow drying a car, those days are gone for me I'm afraid, 5er to the taliban for a wash dry and tyre slick and drive her on te fook.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.