Blow drying

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
This is what i use ..the neighbours think im nuts but who care's .....

$_57.JPG

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Ive often contemplated summat along these lines but wouldn't b prepared to spend much more then £30 tbh

jimcupra

RMS Regular
My local garage car wash blow dries the car washes the wheels even waxes it. All for the princely sum of £3-50 bargain

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Ive s cordless leaf blower o just don't get the use of id consider selling if anyone's intetested

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
If you want to be really pedantic a leaf blower is unfiltered so therefore may pick up small dust particles and blow them over your paint, whereas a dryer is filtered. Not that it makes a massive difference but some of the really anal anaroaks would crucify you for a leaf blower lol

I have a black baron. Its a great job and we use it everyday (y)

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
If you want to be really pedantic a leaf blower is unfiltered so therefore may pick up small dust particles and blow them over your paint, whereas a dryer is filtered. Not that it makes a massive difference but some of the really anal anaroaks would crucify you for a leaf blower lol

I have a black baron. Its a great job and we use it everyday (y)
Petrol leaf blower should be filtered

O.C.D

RMS Regular
I used to use a small leaf blower and fitted a filter in it ..it worked great but santa came along one night and left the pet dryer which is brill.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
It would be for in round the wing mirrors and grills and wheels etc, wouldnt need it for the full car.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Surely a wee leaf blower after the odd wash, filter or no, is just a light puff compared to barrelling down a busy motorway every day... Lol :grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Bump- Did you ever get one of these @Boydie ?

Yeah I got the side kick - its a great piece of kit however I wouldn't use it to dry the whole car

Did it once on the S4 and it took forever but it is great for getting water out from under the trims and door shuts that you never seem to get when you are finished

I tend now to sheet the car with normal water pressure, maybe give it a quick blast with the side kick, dab it with a towel then finish off with the side kick

Money well spent IMO

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Yeah I got the side kick - its a great piece of kit however I wouldn't use it to dry the whole car

Did it once on the S4 and it took forever but it is great for getting water out from under the trims and door shuts that you never seem to get when you are finished

I tend now to sheet the car with normal water pressure, maybe give it a quick blast with the side kick, dab it with a towel then finish off with the side kick

Money well spent IMO

Where did you buy from? thanks

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I would say spend more money on a more powerful one. We dry cars entirely with them. Drying can after cause as much damage to the paint as poor washing so this eliminates the risk.

If you are using a towel make sure you pat dry it rather then pulling the towel across it

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Yeah, if I could have afforded a black baron or whatever you call it I would but would never have seen the return on one. The side kick IMO is great for personal use

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
I think i will go for one of the pet dryers, they get good reviews on detailing world, I would just like it for the wheels and gaps etc
cheers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.