BMW E46 M3, the story so far...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
Ok so here are the items I have, would prefer to sell these together but have put rough prices up for individual items and then a price for the lot. Feel free to make me an offer.

I have pics of labels if anyone needs part numbers.
The bundle contains -
Widescreen Sat Nav/CD drive £180ono
6 Disc CD multi-changer £50ono
DVD Sat Nav Drive with original disc £150ono
Analog TV tuner £40ono
Bluetooth module (Gen 5 I think) £70ono
BMW BM54 Amp £140ono

Price for the lot - £550ono

Everything was removed in full working order approx April 2016 and has been stored in my wardrobe. To the best of my knowledge it is all original equipment that has not been upgraded or modified in any way.

Update - SOLD.

Last edited:

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
So I finally decided to scratch the itch regarding the decats when I seen these came up for sale on another forum. Dropped into the Country Garage and lifted some gaskets too, just in case. Once I get them fitted I hope to disable the the sensors to stop the EML coming on and might tweak a few other things with the software I intend to use so will update again when I have it sorted.

Supersprint decats
146A0A2C-ED45-4D05-A578-60F9C791A656_zps6jtd5hdp.jpg

146A0A2C-ED45-4D05-A578-60F9C791A656_zps6jtd5hdp.jpg

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
Anyone in the Ballymena area with a lift they would be willing to let me use for 5mins to remove a cover that's flapping about? Got the decat fitted but the cover wasn't put back on properly and is now broke.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Anyone in the Ballymena area with a lift they would be willing to let me use for 5mins to remove a cover that's flapping about? Got the decat fitted but the cover wasn't put back on properly and is now broke.

5 minutes soon becomes 5 hours when its an E46 :worried:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just noticed all your sat nav bits are sold. Did you get near your asking price? I didnt realise it would be worth that money! :eek:. I have the same but with the digital tuner in mine.

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
5 minutes soon becomes 5 hours when its an E46 :worried:
Tell me about it, getting the decats fitted took most of Saturday morning. Got the cover ripped off in the end but damaged another one on the road home again and ended up having to take it off too, disaster. So if anyone knows of any second hand ones I'd appreciate it. Part numbers are 51717892122 and 51717892953.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Try a post on m3cutters if you havn't already...theres more likely to be someone on there with spares. If you search for 7892122 and 7892953 on ebay there are some available.

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
Try a post on m3cutters if you havn't already...theres more likely to be someone on there with spares. If you search for 7892122 and 7892953 on ebay there are some available.
Jason off here has both, asked him to put them aside for me and I'll try and lift them asap. Cheers anyway though.

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
So it’s been a while since I’ve updated this and I’m not 100% certain of how to go about adding pictures now that photobucket no longer works but hopefully these will show.

I finally found a set of velocity stacks at handy money. After fitting the supersprint decats I thought these would make a great addition. The sound is so addictive. I still have to tidy a few things up and make my own heat shield but thought I’d attempt throwing a few pics up
B2036BDB-C8EF-41D3-B751-FE106F60A856.jpeg
89268BB9-C433-4B40-A7D4-34A6521E6B13.jpeg

Here’s a link to a quick clip of it on Autotune’s rolling road.

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
Car isn’t even remotely clean in this but I’m following a guy on YouTube lately (Nurburgring trip) who has one and he speaks a lot of sense. One part of an older video that stuck in my mind was “I’d rather spend a Sunday evening driving the car than washing the car”. Now up until recently I’d have been inclined to wash it, admire it and park it back up into the garage on an evening such as we had yesterday but with the current setup of suspension, purple tag rack and velocity stacks I can honestly say I’ve never enjoyed driving so much as I am right now and I’m less inclined to worry about how it looks and how much wax it’s got on it.

Just a quick picture parked up at Ballintoy Harbour.
6A369249-AC84-4058-8D0A-EFB0E2AAD632.jpeg

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
F05775DC-F1E6-4A81-909F-C36EBA699E9D.jpeg
Just another small update. I decided I wanted some peace of mind regarding the engine so first thing I have done is taken an oil sample and will be sending this off to be analysed. This should aid in deciding whether or not the rod bearings need replaced. I also intend getting a compression test done which should hopefully show any potential need to have the head gasket replaced. Fingers crossed all is well!

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
Analysis results received this evening regarding my oil sample and they deem them to be satisfactory with a note to state the viscosity is slightly low for the grade and a recommendation to resample regarding the copper and lead content even though they are below a concerning level so I may get the oil changed based on time rather than mileage when it’s in for a compression test this Wednesday and possibly take another sample. The results also show low levels of sodium which can be an indication of a faulty head gasket so I’m hoping the compression test will go well.

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
So compression test flagged up no concerns. So no immediate need to do rod bearings or head gasket which is a relief.

Had an inspection 1 service carried out as well. Oil is so ******* dear!!

I’ve had a bit of a stutter and sluggish response in high gears at low revs even from before the velocity stacks were fitted hence checking potential for head gasket to need replaced and it was plugged in and has logged no faults, even in shadow memory so next steps will be to try swapping out different things to try and find the root of the problem. Well I say problem but I’ve lived with it this length of time and driven round it mainly but I’d prefer to have it sorted once and for all.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.