Classic shape impreza - please delete thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
To build that P1 you wouldnt have much change from £20k so its prob not far off

the RB5 is powerful value to be fair (y)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
lovely RB5, seen if for sale on scoobynet but its out of budget unfortunately

darren-mac

Drives
Datsun/skyline/s
I have the last RB5 ever made no. 449, I'd consider selling it if you were interested? Only mod is a cat back stainless exhaust, not too loud. Full service history from new, every single receipt etc etc. pm me if you want (y)

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
PHOTOBOMB

B9A2CB52-4903-4D44-A57D-8DB8D69E58F9-5325-0000046A5A7A3C78_zps7aeadf8d.jpg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Any luck yet Barry?

not yet man, missed out on a really mint Type RA from here but someone else had been given first refusal:worried:
There is a nice low mile one owner wr sport for sale on scoobynet but it has a leather interior!+o(

so still looking, but i am interested in Jonny's 450bhp RB5:cool:

I need a motor to put these nice new rims on

speedlines.jpg

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
looks like i might have found the right motor, gonna go and view it :grinning:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Barry definitely go for Jonny's, been in it a few times and the thing is looked after like a child. Best of everything.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Barry definitely go for Jonny's, been in it a few times and the thing is looked after like a child. Best of everything.

is that the RB5? only thing is its had so much tuning it will be a fortune to insure. Ive a daily to tun aswell so im trying to keep insurance down

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
is that the RB5? only thing is its had so much tuning it will be a fortune to insure. Ive a daily to tun aswell so im trying to keep insurance down

Yea his is the RB5. Try Paceward, they insure all mods on Evos and Scoobs easy enough.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
cheers ill try them, even getting high quotes for a normal turbo2000? And greenlight cant get me cover now because i cancelled my policy with the S3.

Its looking like Adrian Flux are the best quote so far, unless @Tony@Greenlight can work some magic and get me back on the books with them, considering ive been on and off with them alot over the years without a single claim.

Last edited:

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
I very nearly had a P1 bought before my E46 M3. I still really have a hankering for one. :worried:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
id love my old type r back but i cant see Warren ever selling it :-(

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Did you go get a look at the Turbo 2000 on ScoobyIreland?

yeah man met Jim today and seen it and got a spin in it, very clean car, and very rare with those miles on it.
Just the intermittent hesitation at high revs was the only issue and id want to paint to roof to have the car totally mint. No rust on the roof or anything but im being fussy and it would really complete the car.
It has a bailey dump valve on it and a decat TBE so my guess is thats whats causing the hesitation, as it doesnt happen all the time and i know they are prone to that with dumpvalves or decats without a remap.

Basically i said id take it if he can sell me it without the wheels, wing mirrors, exhaust and dump valve as i have wheels and an exhaust sorted. So its just agreeing a price now :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.